• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sctsniper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    where the grass dont grow
    i understand the dispute over open carry and conceal carry, but i have a question for those that choose to open carry...is it legal to open carry with a tactical drop leg holster? its a question that i would like to have answered as well because being military i am used to carrying that way.i will not open carry with the drop holster daily, but would wear it when at home and when going to the range or hunting.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    You'd attract attention. Even more than most open carriers are willing to deal with.
    But it wouldn't be any less legal than a belt or shoulder holster.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm not a fan of OCing, but you can carry on your head if you want. And huge +1 to what DG said, you'd be in for some serious grief.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I agree.
    OC with drop leg holster is legal.
    BUT that's maybe not the best thing to do (not talking about OC), you can find a more low profile holster to OC.
    Leave the leg holster for when you have to OC in a full military uniform while on duty.

Bullfrog80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    Terre Haute
    I carry in a chest holster when I'm heading to the range or the woods. But, other than maybe stopping at the gas station I don't generally go out and about oc'ing so in blatantly.

sctsniper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    I carry in a chest holster when I'm heading to the range or the woods. But, other than maybe stopping at the gas station I don't generally go out and about oc'ing so in blatantly.

as i said, i wouldnt wear it other than around the house and when going to the range or somewhere i dont have to worry.id rather conceal it,but when im in my comfort mode, i want to be comfortable.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    as i said, i wouldnt wear it other than around the house and when going to the range or somewhere i dont have to worry.id rather conceal it,but when im in my comfort mode, i want to be comfortable.

If you dont wear it at the mall or while walking around downtown that's just fine.
    Tottaly legal to OC with a LTCH.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    i dont go downtown anyway...too many people get me to worked up.and i definitely dont go to the mall...those places scare me,lol.

I agree, malls are scary even if you carry a gun, especially since you and bad guys are probably the only people with guns there with all their "no gun" rules.
    Scary if someone were to open fire in this fairy-tale-no-weapon-land.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Definately legal, and I don't agree that you would get grief. Its all how you carry yourself, not what it looks like. The only caveat I can see is that most sheep don't/won't notice a belt holster but might notice a leg holster.

Be sure to post about your first civilian OC experience so we can rag on the CCers :D

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    If the purple Mohawk and spiked dog collar on the teenager are fine in the mall I don't get why folks get so worked up about a tiny drop leg holster.

Totally legal anywhere you can CC but it is more visible so it may attract attention, and that always comes both ways, keep the level head about the attention and move on with life if you've got to leave somewhere after being hassled.

sctsniper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    i can bet that ill get somebody that disagrees to come up to me and raint and rave on how is should be illegal or a police officer who thinks that a LTCH means CC.
    im in california and i CC everywhere without a license...first and foremost, about 3 months ago it was legal to OC here, but for some reason they changed it...hmmm,wonder why...cough cough..liberals...
    id get people here that would come up to me and ask to see what handgun i carried with and the reason why i carried.everybody was nice about it except for the police(out of county)most officers here know me since i do firearms instruction courses and self defense shooting courses here on base...yup thats right, i teach them..and im only 22 yrs old.
    most of them are twice my age,but im fairly skilled with a weapon considering that is my job.they respect me for my abililities and have never asked to see my lisence,which is good because i do not have one.

my philosophy as a sniper and as a human being is
    better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it

besides,if its concealed...nobody knows i have it anyway.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    i can bet that ill get somebody that disagrees to come up to me and raint and rave on how is should be illegal or a police officer who thinks that a LTCH means CC.
    im in california and i CC everywhere without a license...first and foremost, about 3 months ago it was legal to OC here, but for some reason they changed it...hmmm,wonder why...cough cough..liberals...
    id get people here that would come up to me and ask to see what handgun i carried with and the reason why i carried.everybody was nice about it except for the police(out of county)most officers here know me since i do firearms instruction courses and self defense shooting courses here on base...yup thats right, i teach them..and im only 22 yrs old.
    most of them are twice my age,but im fairly skilled with a weapon considering that is my job.they respect me for my abililities and have never asked to see my lisence,which is good because i do not have one.

my philosophy as a sniper and as a human being is
    better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it

besides,if its concealed...nobody knows i have it anyway.

Hyperbole... look it up

sctsniper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    You may doubt all you want,my service record and comfirmed kills says it all buddy.Im not tryin to impress you.I love my job and I'm very good at it...if anything I would think you should be proud to have a fellow hoosier that knows what I no and does what I do.
    If this is the kind of crap I can expect to hear from this place then ill simply leave and go my merry way,however your the only so far who doubts so ill deal with your ignorance and continue to post.

That's some respect your showing to a marine corps sniper,who's practically spent his entire enlistment overseas defending ur right to talk s**t.
    and your gonna say I'm exaggerating.lol,you got some nerve kid.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Tactical drop leg holsters are ideal for the winter months when you really want to OC but it's cold out and you can't keep your heavy winter coat tucked in behind a belt loop holster. :D

Carry however you choose, and thanks for your service. :yesway:

sctsniper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    Sounds to me I don't want to make many friends on here if peoples attitudes are like yall's.I don't need friends who doubt my abilities and I definitely don't take to people calling me a liar.

Yall think I'm some punk kid who sits at home tryin to make online buddys by telling yall about how good I am with a gun?

Noob yes,sorry I've literally spent the last 3 years in 2 other countries and haven't been able to get on the internet to chat it up with yall.I was needed elsewhere.

4x rifle and pistol EXPERT ..and its been range high on every range.

Top Bottom