• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Today, the Law Offices of Guy A. Relford filed a lawsuit against the City of Evansville and the Evansville Department of Parks and Recreation for violating Ind. Code 35-47-11.1-2, which generally prohibits the regulation of "firearms" and/or the "carrying . . . of firearms" by a unit of local government. The lawsuit was filed on behalf of Benjamin A. Magenheimer, who was forcibly removed from the Mesker Park Zoo & Botanical Garden in Evansville simply for carrying a firearm, despite the fact that he possesses a valid License to Carry Handgun.

To view the Press Release issued by my office, please visit Press Releases.

Guy

Last edited:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    To the plaintiff, Kaaaching. How many guns are ya gonna buy with the settlement? Not a smart move by EPD if it went down as stated.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Maybe they( EPD ) will also get it for saving our pictures as part of our weapons license?!

What pictures? Are you saying you got your picture taken when you applied for your LTCH? I live right next door(Warrick Co) and I didn't.

Way to go! Glad to see this one going to court. That'll teach them. Hopefully the cops will learn something from it, but I won't hold my breath.

This would be pretty awesome if it set a precedent(especially since this is my neck of the woods), but only time will tell.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm betting this will be a hard fight. I can see a number of angles the city will try to use. They may try to paint their educational facilities as a "school," and there's a number of things about the place, that make them appear to be very "private," (ie copyrght, dot com, intellectual props). I'm sure you've probably looked into this way more than I, but good luck, we're in your corner.

Last edited:

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    Tell City used to have a sign at the entrance to Sunset Park prohibiting firearms. It referred to a city ordinance. Today I noted the absence of the sign.

Top Bottom