• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I loved it. Especially when the first cop leans over and asks the second one if the guy really doesn't have to show ID and the second PO says under his breath, "I think this is one of those *******s who knows his rights."

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    I loved it. Especially when the first cop leans over and asks the second one if the guy really doesn't have to show ID and the second PO says under his breath, "I think this is one of those *******s who knows his rights."

Haha....I was thinking the same thing! The quote boxes he put in there were great!

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    When challenged, the officer holds conference with the other cop, rather than considering the conversation a challenge to his ego, and going ballistic (If you'll pardon the expression). +1 for that.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That was great. From looking at the 2 officers, you could almost tell the conversation they had as they biked up behind him: "Well, you wanna try to handle this one rookie?" "Sure, itll be easy!"

I loved the disappointed look on the younger one's face when he nodded that he could leave.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    +1 for the cops. They stopped him, asked for ID, he refused, and they left him alone.

While I don't think that the officers should have stopped him at all, I would give a +1 for all those involved.

The officer asked for ID, but did not go all JBT on the guy when he refused. They let the guy go without incident.

The guy asserted his rights without being a jerk, and it turned out in the end.

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    Good post, but if OC carry is legal in that city. does the citizen even have to talk to the ocifer? I don't talk to everyone who asks me, excuse me do you have a moment? At this age my time is precious. Total unnessesary restraint. :n00b:

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    So the guy was open carrying and video taping himself for the sake of getting stopped by the police so that he could post the video on the internet? And he is not getting blasted for that?

I understand he says that he OC's everyday, but to set out for the sole attempt to get a police interaction on tape seems a bit irresponsible to me. Of course I could have the whole thing missunderstood. Just seems to me that had this gone the other way and the cops had gone all JBT on him, that everyone would be blasting him for how he is making gun owners look bad for intentionally setting out to make a statement.

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    Unfortunately that wouldnt fly in Indiana... let alone in the communist state of Illinois.

Illinois...no. You aren't allowed to carry in Illinois. In Indiana, they must have a reason to stop you and an infraction or ordinance violation that they are investigating you for (but they can simply say they think you are carrying without a LTCH). I would love to hear from anyone else with experience on this subject as well.

IC 34-28-5-3
    Detention
    Sec. 3. Whenever a law enforcement officer believes in good faith that a person has committed an infraction or ordinance violation, the law enforcement officer may detain that person for a time sufficient to:
    (1) inform the person of the allegation;
    (2) obtain the person's:
    (A) name, address, and date of birth; or
    (B) driver's license, if in the person's possession; and
    (3) allow the person to execute a notice to appear.
    As added by P.L.1-1998, SEC.24.
    IC 34-28-5-3.5
    Refusal to identify self
    Sec. 3.5. A person who knowingly or intentionally refuses to provide either the person's:
    (1) name, address, and date of birth; or
    (2) driver's license, if in the person's possession;
    to a law enforcement officer who has stopped the person for an infraction or ordinance violation commits a Class C misdemeanor.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Carrying a firearm without LTCH is not an infraction or ordinance violation. You still wouldn't have to show ID.

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    So the guy was open carrying and video taping himself for the sake of getting stopped by the police so that he could post the video on the internet? And he is not getting blasted for that?

I understand he says that he OC's everyday, but to set out for the sole attempt to get a police interaction on tape seems a bit irresponsible to me. Of course I could have the whole thing missunderstood. Just seems to me that had this gone the other way and the cops had gone all JBT on him, that everyone would be blasting him for how he is making gun owners look bad for intentionally setting out to make a statement.

I started the video at almost the halfway point. If you follow the link again, then go to the beginning of the video, he explains it.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    In Indiana, they must have a reason to stop you and an infraction or ordinance violation that they are investigating you for (but they can simply say they think you are carrying without a LTCH). I would love to hear from anyone else with experience on this subject as well.

IC 34-28-5-3
    Detention
    Sec. 3. Whenever a law enforcement officer believes in good faith that a person has committed an infraction or ordinance violation, the law enforcement officer may detain that person for a time sufficient to:
    (1) inform the person of the allegation;
    (2) obtain the person's:
    (A) name, address, and date of birth; or
    (B) driver's license, if in the person's possession; and
    (3) allow the person to execute a notice to appear.
    IC 34-28-5-3.5
    Refusal to identify self
    Sec. 3.5. A person who knowingly or intentionally refuses to provide either the person's:
    (1) name, address, and date of birth; or
    (2) driver's license, if in the person's possession;
    to a law enforcement officer who has stopped the person for an infraction or ordinance violation commits a Class C misdemeanor.

Ask away.

Top Bottom