Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Police Response to Latest VA Tech Murders, Improved!

Wow, what a response! Like greased lightning the campus boys in blue (well, dark grey, it is the South) took 14 minutes to respond to the Murder of a fellow officer and 22 minutes to alert Virginia Tech students.

If this does not kill the lie that the police can respond to active shooters on campus or madmen or whatever the police parlance is now, nothing will. Purdue students need to get this out to defeat the nonsense that Chief Cox is spouting and this needed to be pointed out repeatedly (maybe giant posters) to the Indiana General Assembly this session.

"Just before 12:30 pm VT Police were notified by a witness that one of their police officers had been shot on campus. VT police officers were dispatched to the scene of the shooting at that time."

Unbelievable. This department has been training, and spending boo coo bucks, on this exact scenario.

14 minutes. 14 minutes and they are patrolling a college campus the size of a postage stamp. Oh, btw, it was the Virigina State Police that finally showed up, not VTPD.

22 minutes. 22 minutes to text a stupid warning to VT's disarmed student body.

How much more blood will the police allow to be spilled before they drop their opposition to campus carry? We have suffered enough, let them fight back, officer.

VT Improved Alerting to an Active Shooter – Only 22 Minutes this time. | All Nine Yards
    Last edited by Kirk Freeman; 12-09-2011 at 10:23.
    Kirk Freeman, INGO's Dennis Miller of gun culture references

User Info Menu

Wow that is crazy...nothing should take 14 minutes. It also sounds like who ever dispatches for the campus is really on the ball to. Not sure yet if the officer had already cleared the stop but one article said dispatch could not contact the officer after 15 minutes and sent someone to look for him. If he had cleared the stop why would they be checking on him? If he had not cleared the stop where was the person he stopped for 15 minutes? Something seems weird IMO.

User Info Menu

I'm starting back on track for my Bachelor's degree again, and I'm going to IUSB through the Purdue affiliate there. This is one of the things that really worries me. Technically, you can request permission to carry from the campus police chief if you have a LTCH, but I havent heard of one being approved. The campus policy is even very vaque and ambiguous as far as other weapons go. It doesn't specify knives, blades, pepper spray, extendable batons, only that if campus police deem it a weapon, then it is not allowed.

I'd like to be able to do more than just carry a tactical pen in my tactical pocket protector. The only real alternative in the area to IUSB campus is MAYBE Goshen College. Sorry, but that one aint gonna happen. A school that even thinks the star spangled banner is too violent definately is not gonna allow weapons. Even WITH the professor Miller killing...

User Info Menu

You can ride across campus in under 14 minutes on a bicycle.

Complete incompetence.

BTW, I hope VT crushes UM in the bowl game.
    You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
    You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
    You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
    You cannot further brotherhood of a man by inciting class hatred.
    You cannot build character and courage by taking away people’s initiative and independence.
    You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.

User Info Menu

When I was in college....our campus safety officer had guns, until one night one of them was investigating an alarm in the admin building...and shot at what they thought was an intruder. It turned out to be a statue of Abe Lincoln, and they managed to shoot off his foot. After that, no more guns.

I agree completely with Kirk. Relying on campus cops to protect you is a waste of time, and a foolish endeavor. By the time they get there, you are dead. It's time to let students AND employees protect themselves, rather than denying them that RIGHT.
    “We must hang together, gentlemen…else, we shall most assuredly hang separately.” – Benjamin Franklin

User Info Menu

Please remember the policeman who was murdered protecting the students.

Expert

User Info Menu

When you think about how much damage one man with a gun and several mags could do in 14 minutes to an unarmed and unaware group of people it makes you sick.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TaunTaun View Post
    I'm starting back on track for my Bachelor's degree again, and I'm going to IUSB through the Purdue affiliate there. This is one of the things that really worries me. Technically, you can request permission to carry from the campus police chief if you have a LTCH, but I havent heard of one being approved. The campus policy is even very vaque and ambiguous as far as other weapons go. It doesn't specify knives, blades, pepper spray, extendable batons, only that if campus police deem it a weapon, then it is not allowed.

I'd like to be able to do more than just carry a tactical pen in my tactical pocket protector. The only real alternative in the area to IUSB campus is MAYBE Goshen College. Sorry, but that one aint gonna happen. A school that even thinks the star spangled banner is too violent definately is not gonna allow weapons. Even WITH the professor Miller killing...
    You do realize that it's perfectly legal for you to carry your firearm with you on campus...right?

-J-

User Info Menu

This didn't really happen ...After all Guns were Banned on campus ....So it couldn't have happened

User Info Menu

Thanks, Kirk.

AMERICA - Clinging to our GUNS and RELIGION since 1776.

NRA Certified Instructor - Rifle, Pistol
    www.danvilleconservationclub.org
    www.jpfrog.org

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast