• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    When paying the state and local fees for LTCH using a money order, can you lump both fees onto one money order or do they require you to submit a separate one for each fee? I'm assuming they need to be separate, but I figured I'd irritate someone by asking this question, so here I am...

p.s. And yes, I know I can go to L-1 and it will be wonderful/faster/credit cardier but I'm an obstinate ass and don't want to do it that way. I find having ink on my fingers when I get to the office is a conversation starter and I'm a people person.

p.p.s. Yes, I've had a long day and I'm cranky. :D

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    yes, separate money orders.

One goes to the State...one stays with local dept.

Some local depts. will still accept cash or even a personal check. Most want money orders to keep the funds "safe" and "guaranteed"

State will only accept MOs or Certified Checks

-J-

ab1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2011
    +1 for seperate.

I had mine done at L1 and seem to recall that it was electronic...once I visited the city county building, they used ink.

Last edited:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    When paying the state and local fees for LTCH using a money order, can you lump both fees onto one money order or do they require you to submit a separate one for each fee? I'm assuming they need to be separate, but I figured I'd irritate someone by asking this question, so here I am...

p.s. And yes, I know I can go to L-1 and it will be wonderful/faster/credit cardier but I'm an obstinate ass and don't want to do it that way. I find having ink on my fingers when I get to the office is a conversation starter and I'm a people person.

p.p.s. Yes, I've had a long day and I'm cranky. :D

Two money orders. Or, if you do the electronic fingerprinting, which speeds up the process, pay that and state fees online, and one money order to either local LEO's or sheriffs, depending on if you are city or county.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    An update on this, 'cause I like to share and know that you care. :D

Went to my local PD today, per the ISP instructions for "option 2" (non-electronic). Went with two money orders, again per ISP instructions at the bottom of the "receipt" from the ISP online application. Apparently my local PD and ISP don't agree on the process flow, since my local didn't print me. They told me to go home and wait for a call, then I could come in to get printed and we'd go from there. So I'm sitting here like a dummy with two money orders and squeaky clean fingers, no further along than I was Wednesday night when I completed the online form.

After stewing on that fact over some Tyson chicken strips (accompanied by my favorite soy sauce) I decided I am giving up on "old school" and made an appointment to go to L1 this afternoon. Will stop in on my way to the 1500.

I hate technology. (INGO excepted, of course...)

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Top Bottom