Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Two LMPD officers

I was just at a thortons on poplar level road getting gas and walked in openly carrying my XD .40 and when I was in line to pay I noticed two LMPD officers by my car and when I walked out they asked me if I had a permit to carry my firearm I told him yes I do and he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect for anyone openly taking advantage of their second amandment right and was also happy that I answered his question instead of pleading the 5th and also telling him that I don't consent to any search. IMO we need more people like these two officers.
    Last edited by Leggdpms; 01-30-2012 at 13:19.

User Info Menu

LMPD?
    Quote Originally Posted by esrice View Post
    He trains average folks to kill other human beings so I'll get over a few 4-letter words.
    INGO FAQ

User Info Menu

...,,""..,;..,

Meh.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leggdpms View Post
    ....he said alright sir and shuck my hard and said he has respect for anyone openly taking advantage of their second amandment right and was also happy that I answered his question instead of pleading the 5th and also telling him that I don't consent to any search. IMO we need more people like these two officers.
    I call that the best OC experience ever. Not only did you not get harassed, he shucked your hard! I've been walking around downtown OCing with every firearm i own and i can't seem to get any cops to even approach me, let alone shuck me.

* by the way this is one of the best autocorrected posts i've read. I will make it a mission to use "shuck my hard" in everyday conversation several times today.

User Info Menu

Louisville metro police department

User Info Menu

Send in a letter of praise/thanks into their department. The only time LEOs hear from the public is when they have screwed up. I think it would be nice to hear when they have done something right. I don't know if their training was different or just the kind of men they were, but i agree that we need more officers that behave in this professional manner. +1 to them!

Plinker

User Info Menu

Another INGO brother from Louisville. LMPD - Louisville Metropolitan Police Department.

Great encounter!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vitamink View Post
    I call that the best OC experience ever. Not only did you not get harassed, he shucked your hard! I've been walking around downtown OCing with every firearm i own and i can't seem to get any cops to even approach me, let alone shuck me.
    Haha yeah I was writing this on my phone while at a stop light lol I need to learn to proof read

Master Tactical Firearms Training's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdewyse View Post
    Send in a letter of praise/thanks into their department. The only time LEOs hear from the public is when they have screwed up. I think it would be nice to hear when they have done something right. I don't know if their training was different or just the kind of men they were, but i agree that we need more officers that behave in this professional manner. +1 to them!
    Absolutely!!!
    Tactical Firearms Training, LLC
    www.tactical-firearms.com

"The Gun Guy with Guy Relford" on WIBC, 93.1 FM
    Saturdays, 5:00 - 7:00pm
    http://www.wibc.com/blogs/gun-guy/gun-guy-show

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leggdpms View Post
    Haha yeah I was writing this on my phone while at a stop light lol I need to learn to proof read
    What you meant to say was that you pulled over into a parking lot so you weren't texting and driving, right?

Meh.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast