• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    If it is a corporate or local anti-handgun policy regarding a phillip's 66 gas station?

I stopped into one after picking up a pizza last night, as it is pretty much right next door. Open carrying of course. I knew the kid was nervous about it behind the counter as he stood stock still beside the register, probably with his hand next to their alarm thing-a-majig...

Anyways, AFTER I had paid, the kid says "FYI, next time you come in here, our new company has not posted any signs and has requested no firearms to be brought in." I aksed him about LEO and if they were exempt, he didn't know but we all know.

I told him I would have appreciated him saying this before taking my money as I would have stopped at the station right by my house. Also told him, sign or not, it's highly inappropriate and that I wouldn't be doing business there anymore.

Anyways, does anyone know where I can find specifically if they are anti-guns or not? I would like to send them a No Guns, No funds card and an email :)

This place was just bought out by P66, and I have never had an issue there before this. Thx!

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Found it, apparently the NRA has been endorsing a boycott of their BS since 05. whoops.

Still peeved he couldn't pipe up before I paid.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Cmon guys, do you know how often little gas stations and convenient stores are robbed? They only keep one employee usually, and it is one of the most dangerous jobs in this country. You're coming directly from your car, not from a crowded public area, with a gun on your hip. They have no idea if you're going to rob and kill them when you walk in the door.

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    Cmon guys, do you know how often little gas stations and convenient stores are robbed? They only keep one employee usually, and it is one of the most dangerous jobs in this country. You're coming directly from your car, not from a crowded public area, with a gun on your hip. They have no idea if you're going to rob and kill them when you walk in the door.

Fear is no excuse for ignorance of the law...people need to stop being afraid of something that is perfectly legal

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

:popcorn:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    You'd think that maybe if you came in kitted out to carry, and not hiding anything, you wouldn't be an overt threat, or at least that if you're going to rob them, your state of carry would be pretty much irrelevant, but all that would depend on the application of some rudimentary thought and sense.

Common_sense_is_a_superhero.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Their property, their prerogative...your money, your prerogative.

I wonder how this affects "pay at the pump"? (I assumed you were paying in advance.) I'll have to add them to my list, but it's getting tough to remember who not to buy from for all the various reasons.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    It's located on 5 in Huntington, first gas station southwest of SR 5 and US 24.

This was not an OC thread, but thanks for that crap again. I have nothing to hide, therefore I open carry. I feel like if I cover it up, that it is something to be ashamed of, which it is not.

Thanks for bringing that BS into ANOTHER thread though. :rolleyes:

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie

Really? That's the best you got? I worked at the Village Pantry, 3rd shift, by myself a few years back and I wasn't afraid of anyone who was carrying in a holster when I could see it. If I can see the gun then I know what to look out for. I don't know about you, but I'm much more worried about "gangsta lil tyrone jeezy" with the ball cap half off his head and his pants half off his ass and a white tee shirt that's 4'10" long while he's 5'6" tall. Generally if the gun is in a holster on the hip and not in his hand or his waistband about to blow his knee caps off you're good to go.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    It's on your hip not in your hand? I don't get why this freaks people out. Even on "Worlds Dumbest" the bad guys either have their weapon hidden or in hand upon entry. How many bad guys carry their weapon in a proper holster? I'd bet not many.

That's completely true. But the low wage young people they often have working at these places can't be expected to be that logical. Anyways, it is their perogotive, the law does not state they must let you walk on to their property armed.

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    A perfect opportunity to educate the kid and perhaps ease his mind concerning open carry. A little education would go a long way in teaching the media brainwashed and ignorant public.
    Sure that will not change store policy, but it may change one kid's mind regarding guns.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Yeah, we talked about how its not illegal, but if I am asked to leave and I don't that the charges would be tresspassing. He said he wasn't happy about it, but felt he should let me know in case the manager were there and would make a fuss.

Him getting to know what would happen, and the only potential charges were pretty much the only positive things. Well, hot pizza with bacon is a plus.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Interesting. All of the Phillips 66s in Evansville went out of business in the last few years with the crazy gas prices.

On the other note, OC is a perfectly legal and perfectly normal way to carry a sidearm. In fact I would venture to say that throughout history it has been socially more acceptable to OC than to CC. There is no reason to have to second guess that type of carry and where you should/shouldn't go while doing it.

sbsg2005

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    It's gonna be hard to find a place to get gas here in town now, seems Phillips 66 is buying up every mini-mart in town.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    Fear is no excuse for ignorance of the law...people need to stop being afraid of something that is perfectly legal

I support open carry. I am only playing devil's advocate here. That said, your statement is illogical. The legality of open carry has nothing to do with the fear people have of guns. Why do you say people need to stop being afraid of visible guns? Don't they have as much right to be afraid of visible guns as you have to carry it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom