Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

How do I find out...

If it is a corporate or local anti-handgun policy regarding a phillip's 66 gas station?

I stopped into one after picking up a pizza last night, as it is pretty much right next door. Open carrying of course. I knew the kid was nervous about it behind the counter as he stood stock still beside the register, probably with his hand next to their alarm thing-a-majig...

Anyways, AFTER I had paid, the kid says "FYI, next time you come in here, our new company has not posted any signs and has requested no firearms to be brought in." I aksed him about LEO and if they were exempt, he didn't know but we all know.

I told him I would have appreciated him saying this before taking my money as I would have stopped at the station right by my house. Also told him, sign or not, it's highly inappropriate and that I wouldn't be doing business there anymore.

Anyways, does anyone know where I can find specifically if they are anti-guns or not? I would like to send them a No Guns, No funds card and an email

This place was just bought out by P66, and I have never had an issue there before this. Thx!

User Info Menu

Found it, apparently the NRA has been endorsing a boycott of their BS since 05. whoops.

Still peeved he couldn't pipe up before I paid.

User Info Menu

Well, post the address so that the rest of us know not to stop there.
    Proud Member of D.A.D.D.

Dads against daughters dating.....

Shooter

User Info Menu

Cmon guys, do you know how often little gas stations and convenient stores are robbed? They only keep one employee usually, and it is one of the most dangerous jobs in this country. You're coming directly from your car, not from a crowded public area, with a gun on your hip. They have no idea if you're going to rob and kill them when you walk in the door.

User Info Menu

It's on your hip not in your hand? I don't get why this freaks people out. Even on "Worlds Dumbest" the bad guys either have their weapon hidden or in hand upon entry. How many bad guys carry their weapon in a proper holster? I'd bet not many.

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by netsecurity View Post
    Cmon guys, do you know how often little gas stations and convenient stores are robbed? They only keep one employee usually, and it is one of the most dangerous jobs in this country. You're coming directly from your car, not from a crowded public area, with a gun on your hip. They have no idea if you're going to rob and kill them when you walk in the door.
    Fear is no excuse for ignorance of the law...people need to stop being afraid of something that is perfectly legal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by netsecurity View Post

User Info Menu

You'd think that maybe if you came in kitted out to carry, and not hiding anything, you wouldn't be an overt threat, or at least that if you're going to rob them, your state of carry would be pretty much irrelevant, but all that would depend on the application of some rudimentary thought and sense.

Geeking out on ancestry; 17th great grandson of Geoffrey Chaucer, and a bunch of dukes, knights, princesses, kings and stuff. Of course, once you turn over a rock and one king crawls out, you're pretty much infested with them. And what did I tell you? Charlemagne, Holy Roman Emperor, Charles "The Hammer" Martel, and a truckload of others. This is getting better: "The Bonny Earl O'Moray" was an ancestor, and the origin of the term mondegreen: They slew the Earl O'Moray and Lady Mondegreen

User Info Menu

Their property, their prerogative...your money, your prerogative.

I wonder how this affects "pay at the pump"? (I assumed you were paying in advance.) I'll have to add them to my list, but it's getting tough to remember who not to buy from for all the various reasons.
    INGOer #18,319

User Info Menu

Duplicate post deleted...not sure how that happened.

INGOer #18,319

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast