Question: Why Would You Carry At Church??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    She may have been looking for a hand out and the good pastor may have tried to refer her to someplace for a meal or a bed for the night. I've been involved with a homeless shelter for underage teens and another for homeless men. You'd be amazed at how many good people come looking for help. Unfortunately today there are a lot of crazies, dopers and just plain bad people looking for an easy score and evidently the good man ran into one of them.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Too dangerous not to, unfortunately. Religion has always been a source of conflict in this world, ironic though that is, and many people unfortunately let their guard down just because its a church. Not worth the risk...

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    What i carry everywhere. And avoid places like the post office. Mayne if there wasnt so many disgruntled postal workers no one would have ever gone postal. And ........

Nothing special about a meeting of church that would prevent me from carrying unless it had a school in it.. so i just avoid large churches. But its an oddity that i go to church and have never open carried... humm that is an idea....

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Better question is why wouldn't you carry at Church?!

Because I can choose not to.

I'm allowed to believe the the church is a place of sanctuary. I dont carry at church out of my own convictions but have absolutely no problem with anyone that wants to. I wont step foot outside my house without a weapon on me but the one place I dont carry (unless forbidden by law) is a church.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    I've been meaning to ask the pastor of our church if there is a policy regarding handguns. I'm on the board, but the topic has never come up.

I've never carried at our church. I am the youth leader, and I don't know what type of reaction I would get if it was discovered I was carrying. I realize it could be a good teaching moment, but I would hate for the student/parent reaction to be a distraction to the work at hand.

I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of others that work with youngins. Our group ranges from 6th grade to 12th.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Because...

my crystal ball ain't working
    a policeman is kinda heavy
    a policeman won't fit nicely in my holster like my XDm does
    bibles don't stop bullets or crazies
    it is my job to protect my family and I can't trust that to someone else
    sometimes gun free zones aren't
    ZOMBIES!!

Goathead and pick one.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Because...

my crystal ball ain't working
    a policeman is kinda heavy
    a policeman won't fit nicely in my holster like my XDm does
    bibles don't stop bullets or crazies
    it is my job to protect my family and I can't trust that to someone else
    sometimes gun free zones aren't
    ZOMBIES!!

Goathead and pick one.

Goathead? Dang autocorrect:D

This is a sad story...probably a senseless reason.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Because I can choose not to.

I'm allowed to believe the the church is a place of sanctuary. I dont carry at church out of my own convictions but have absolutely no problem with anyone that wants to. I wont step foot outside my house without a weapon on me but the one place I dont carry (unless forbidden by law) is a church.

If the Pastor had been carrying in this situation....

I understand your feeling, but the church is a building, nothing more. It's the people that make it the "Church". God uses people and the tools they have on them. If you leave your tool at home, it can't be used..

I choose to protect my family and myself everywhere I go..

JoshuaRWhite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    South Bend, Indiana
    Cause like your story shows, violence happens everywhere. One of my pastors a while back was the last to leave the church and a man attempted to rob him and stabbed my pastor 16 times. Guy nearly bled to death. After that he was a strong advocate of carrying a gun for self defense.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Cause like your story shows, violence happens everywhere. One of my pastors a while back was the last to leave the church and a man attempted to rob him and stabbed my pastor 16 times. Guy nearly bled to death. After that he was a strong advocate of carrying a gun for self defense.
    Sadly, that is usually how most have to become enlightened to Self Defense... :dunno:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Because my church is a new one and doesn't have it's own building yet so it is currently meeting in a school. That'll change when that changes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom