• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    Yes. But as a former MI resident, I would not recommend it. You will get harassed by police, it is not like IN. I would just toss the tshirt over it and save yourself the trouble. And I am not saying you are not within your rights, or arguing against OC. Just saying that in MI it is not worth the trouble. A very good friend of mine is a LEO in MI and he hates that it is that way, but it is.

Were you going to be in MI by chance?

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Yes. But as a former MI resident, I would not recommend it. You will get harassed by police, it is not like IN.
    This is incorrect. MI has a large OC community. Not only have the LEOs been educated about it pretty thoroughly by now, but we have been successful in getting localities to change their laws to match the state laws.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    OCed in Detroit/Auburn Hills when I was there. Checked into our Marriott with the G19 on, went shopping around the city, stopped at BK. No biggie. Also at rest stops along the way.

Only 4 states do not allow OC, Texas, Oklahoma, New York, and PSRI. If the state honors the IN LTCH, and they allow OC, you can OC there.

Muzzleloaderbill

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Ligonier
    Thanks everyone. Just got back from Michgan. Put my shirt over the gun. But sometimes the shirt will ride up over it. I have been OCing for several months. And was just wondering about MI.

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    This is incorrect. MI has a large OC community. Not only have the LEOs been educated about it pretty thoroughly by now, but we have been successful in getting localities to change their laws to match the state laws.

I lived in MI for 23 years, never saw one OC. And all of my LEO friends up there have told me the same. I am not saying it cant be done, or hasnt, just thats its more often then not going to give you problems. And I was from a rural, gun toting area as well.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I think that you will find Michigan like any other state, some areas nobody will care, other areas they will act as if the world is ending right now.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    And don't forget the 6 year old girls.

:facepalm:

6 year olds are past their prime, it's the five year olds that are so fast and ninja-like that you have to worry! ( according to INGO, and who's going to argue with INGO?!)[/QUOTE]

Oh my gosh-you're right! Darn! I should know better. I'm heading over to the Ban Hammer game and ban myself!

Sheesh! I feel so ignorant.

Thanks for correcting me;)!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Interesting datum: the most intense reaction I've had to my open carry was from some Michigan residents who joined us in southern Indiana for big USPSA match a few years ago. They were ... surprised ... when they saw me in the hotel parking lot with my gun in my holster, then they were "excited" when they saw that it loaded with the hammer back (and safety was on, but they couldn't see that). It was almost like the couldn't believe I would carry a loaded gun that they could see.

Perhaps things have changed in the Michigan gun culture in the last few years.

Top Bottom