• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Interesting scenario in a post 'Barnes v. State' decision and after the recent legislation giving citizens the renewed right to defend our homes against illegal police entry.

This is supposedly not an illegal entry because (hopefully) the EPD obtained a warrant prior to this action. What I want to know is how on earth a judge decided a No-Knock warrant for SWAT entry into a house with supposedly no prior issues based on an internet posting.

Police: 'Threat matrix' dictated Swat team response at Powell Avenue home » Evansville Courier & Press

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Police had invited along a local television crew to videotape what took place.
    This is always a recipe for disaster. Their egos get pumped up and the adrenaline flows. The two ladies in this home were lucky to survive. The cops were certainly playing it up for the cameras. Tossing a flashbang into the place, when the front door was open? Sheesh. Hope a good lawyer gets hold of them.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Yeah, when I saw this on the news I just shook my head. I was wondering if they did any surveillance or did they just get an IP address and attack.

Seems to me like a good example of why just an IP address isn't sufficient "Probable Cause" for a no knock swat entry warrant.

I'm willing to bet a settlement and non-disclosure agreement is in the works already.

Last edited:

CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    Ira Milan said the perpetrator of the threats likely used his daughter’s internet service connection from an outside location, which led police to the East Powell Avenue address.

A very good reason to have your internet server connection locked down with a password.

Last edited:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    WFIE NEWS

Seems like we can expect another attack, just as soon as they find the RIGHT house this time...

From this article it doesn't even sound like they are going to second guess their info OR sources this next time either. Hope someone doesn't post from YOUR router or yours could be next.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Ira Milan said the perpetrator of the threats likely used his daughter’s internet service connection from an outside location, which led police to the East Powell Avenue address.

A very good reason to have your internet server connection locked down with a password.

Sadly that may not always work. Not that hard to crack WiFi passwords. So even that doesnt stop the right person from sitting in front of your house stealing your connection..

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Dear residents of Evansville,

In order to make sure we break down the right door, we are going to start smashing doors, followed by flash-bang grenades starting at the north end of the city and finishing at the south end. At some point if we find the house we are looking for, we might stop.

We thank you for your understanding. Also note that at no time will we take responsibility for damages done, or any dogs killed.

Thank you for your cooperation and support.

Very truly yours
    Evansville SWAT.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Dear residents of Evansville,

In order to make sure we break down the right door, we are going to start smashing doors, followed by flash-bang grenades starting at the north end of the city and finishing at the south end. At some point if we find the house we are looking for, we might stop.

We thank you for your understanding. Also note that at no time will we take responsibility for damages done, or any dogs killed.

Thank you for your cooperation and support.

Very truly yours
    Evansville SWAT.

Thank you for the warning EPD SWAT, will I be ok if I fire back at anyone attempting to enter my home? Or will I be in trouble because one of you were threatened by someone I do not know

Lock load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Mishawaka IN
    Their storm door and window are being replaced at the city expense. So that makes everything alright.
    I understand police trying to protect their safety. But what about the safety of the innocent public too?
    It's much easier to bash in doors, point guns and ask questions later than do a little investigating first.

Top Bottom