• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    Yesterday at work an Older Gentleman came to my line and was buying his tickets and i saw his pink slip in his wallet. I looked down and said "i'm glad to see someone else is using their second amendment right" he looked at me and said "yes sir i do, i've had this since i was 18 years old and that was 77 years ago!" i told him i have had mine since i was 18 as well and his wife looked at me and said "and i bet none of YOUR guns have ever hurt anyone have they?" i looked at her and smiled and said "no ma'am they sure haven't, enjoy your day and thanks for comin!"

-thought it was a fun story, hopefully you guys can enjoy it as much as i did, always happy to see other people with a LTCH.

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Yesterday at work an Older Gentleman came to my line and was buying his tickets and i saw his pink slip in his wallet. I looked down and said "i'm glad to see someone else is using their second amendment right" he looked at me and said "yes sir i do, i've had this since i was 18 years old and that was 77 years ago!" i told him i have had mine since i was 18 as well and his wife looked at me and said "and i bet none of YOUR guns have ever hurt anyone have they?" i looked at her and smiled and said "no ma'am they sure haven't, enjoy your day and thanks for comin!"

-thought it was a fun story, hopefully you guys can enjoy it as much as i did, always happy to see other people with a LTCH.

Outstanding!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I think he meant that it's possible so long ago (77 years) Indiana may not have had "LTCH"...?
    I have no idea when it was instituted.

^This!!!
    I think indiana started the license process back in the 1980s.

--UPDATE---
    Found it (me thinks).

1983 is when we made it a crime to carry a handgun without being licensed!
    IC 35-47-2-1
    Carrying a handgun without being licensed; exceptions; person convicted of domestic battery
    Sec. 1. (a) Except as provided in subsections (b) and (c) and section 2 of this chapter, a person shall not carry a handgun in any vehicle or on or about the person's body without being licensed under this chapter to carry a handgun.
    ---bla, bla, bla in here---
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.326-1987, SEC.1; P.L.195-2003, SEC.6; P.L.98-2004, SEC.155; P.L.118-2007, SEC.35; P.L.164-2011, SEC.1; P.L.6-2012, SEC.231.

---
    So that old man is a LIAR!!!

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    I think he meant that it's possible so long ago (77 years) Indiana may not have had "LTCH"...?

I keep looking for it in the Second Amendment, but I still have not found it.

Licensing to carry is absolute bullshot.

I would like to see us get back to Constitutional carry.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I keep looking for it in the Second Amendment, but I still have not found it.

Licensing to carry is absolute bullshot.
    I wasn't saying I AGREE with the LTCH being Constitutional AT ALL. I was posting my guesstimation of Jedi's intent.
    If you couldn't smell "fiscally conservative libertarian minded" slant on me from many of my other comments posted around here since 2008, you're nose is plugged.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

& they started giving out those pink slips in 1935 then?
    So perhaps the old man is not a liar since 2012 - 77 = 1935 . Hum...

He could have been one of the first LTCH holders! I wonder if they thought it was as much :bs: then as many of us do now.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    He could have been one of the first LTCH holders!

Is this the man in question with his LTCH in hand?

5136020842_4076203ae8_n.jpg

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    This is why I moved my pink paper to another spot in my wallet. Getting ID'd then hassled about a firearm got tiresome.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom