Pepper Spray carry in Chicago?

Did a search and came up with nada. I'm planning on going to the Taste of Chicago for the first time and I don't want to go completely unarmed. Just need a quick, go/no go answer if it's legal or not.
    *LDRSHIP* Loyalty-Duty-Respect-Selfless Service-Honor-Integrity-Personal Courage

This is the second hit on Ixquick search for "pepper spray" Chicago:

Pepper Spray Warnings and Laws & Stun Gun Laws

ILLINOIS: Legal with restrictions. The use of Pepper Spray is legal for carrying by a person 18 years of age or older. Special ordinance in the City of Chicago (a) No person shall use any device to discharge a noxious gas or liquid in an enclosed room in any Class C-1 or Class C-2 Assembly Unit, as defined in Chapter 13-56 of this Code, or in an enclosed room in any restaurant, bar or tavern that is a Class F Assembly Unit as defined in that chapter, if more than 20 persons are present in that room, unless the person is a peace officer, as defined in Section 8-20-30* of this Code, engaged in law enforcement activity. As used in this section, “noxious gas or liquid” means mace, pepper spray or any other substance that is intended or designed to cause irritation to the eyes, nose or mouth, or to cause nausea.
    That could be old info, however, since the is 2006, and it doesn't list the fact that under Indiana law, an "electronic stun device" (stun gun) is restricted in a fashion that is identical to a handgun.
    Last edited by CathyInBlue; 06-28-2012 at 21:41.
    I failed the Voight-Kampff test.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    This is the second hit on Ixquick search for "pepper spray" Chicago:

Pepper Spray Warnings and Laws & Stun Gun Laws

That could be old info, however, since the is 2006, and it doesn't list the fact that under Indiana law, an "electronic stun device" (stun gun) is restricted in a fashion that is identical to a handgun.
    Thanks! I'll try and find if that info is current or not.
    *LDRSHIP* Loyalty-Duty-Respect-Selfless Service-Honor-Integrity-Personal Courage

I coulda sworn there's a recent law that banned the use of tasers and pepper sprays in Chicago
    "Adapt, Overcome & Improvise"

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I coulda sworn there's a recent law that banned the use of tasers and pepper sprays in Chicago
    You could be right. I guess they expect you to use unicorns and rainbows to defend yourself against violent criminals in Chi-town

F*ck that place...
    Thread Killer!

Quote Originally Posted by Barua View Post
    You could be right. I guess they expect you to use unicorns and rainbows to defend yourself against violent criminals in Chi-town

F*ck that place...
    Unicorns do have a horn on their head
    Quote Originally Posted by ATM
    The herd is stupid and spooks easily

Quote Originally Posted by daddymikey1975 View Post
    Unicorns do have a horn on their head
    Yes, Unicorns would be illegal in Chicago. I think rainbows are still a go, at least for now.
    Founder of Guns411 and a Snow Cone enthusiast fully prepared for a Zombie Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by harrisonpainter View Post
    Yes, Unicorns would be illegal in Chicago. I think rainbows are still a go, at least for now.
    Unicorns are actually legal, the horn has to be no greater than 3 inches though. Of course rainbows are legal, Obama supports 'em.