• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    It's sounding worse by the minute. Wish all the various news people would shut up till they actually KNOW what's up.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Just heard an update from ABC news. They said 50 injured, 14 dead. That is just awful. I will be carrying tomorrow when I go see it. Good thing my pistol has night sights.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Watching the Fox News coverage. Terrible situation. The two chicks they have "covering" this incident are MORONS. I mean seriously, this is the worst attempt at coverage I have ever seen. Broad sweeping INCORRECT statements are clearly not a fear of theirs.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    NBC says 15 dead. Says 3 guns. No description yet of them. Says he set off explosive device, but described it as possible smoke grenade.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That's terrible. Trapped like rats, I the dark, with smoke filling the room...even if you ignored the no guns signs many theaters put up, that would be tough.

Prosecute that SOB and pray for the victims.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    How do you defend yourself against something like that?

Sometimes you just can't...it is out of your hands. If your number is up...it's just up. We can defend against many situations but not all. Dark theater, full of people, smoke grenade released, complete chaos, deafening noise, suspect wearing helmet and body armor with multiple guns, you are much more likely to hit an innocent person than you are the gunman. Make yourself small and try to unass the area.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Shooter also had body armor on according to an article I read. Crazy situation that can't be trained for in the civilian world, affordably anyways. Fox had a homicide detective asking "where did he get this firepower, had to be something like an AK47 or something" so this will get deeper as it goes.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    So they're already blaming it on the guns, not the lunatic who carefully planned this assault? What a joke!

Apparently the other thread got deleted, I had posted a comment nearly identical to Denny's about how that guy executed his plan....

My question is, how did he "kick in" a fire exit door, by law and design those are "open outward" only doors..... think about it.... either this guy worked at the theater and prepped the door before leaving or he had someone on the inside open it for him...

This guy knew EXACTLy what he was doing and planned it out quite thoroughly, yet what's the first LEO quote to the press "Where did he get his AK?" (paraphrasing of course)

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Obviously looking for massive casualties at all cost.

"Who needs a gun at a movie theatre?" "Who needs a gun at a Zoo?" "Who needs a gun ANYWHERE???"

EVERYONE. And know how to use it. I always OC to my local theatre and if I go again, I will DEFINITELY be OCing again. Also having a flashlight is a great idea when you go to a dark place.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Witness telling "Today" that the "gas" was blinding them and making them cough...likely CS, he was wearing a gas mask himself. Having been gassed myself I can tell you that if you are not familiar with the effects, it will cause severe panic.

Top Bottom