• ...and so much more!
  • griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    9mm vs .45 vs Rifle: A Dr's View of Gunshot Wounds

Interesting video about the effectiveness of gunshot wounds.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tku8YI68-JA[/ame]

Very good info here! Incidentally, the talk is by an anesthesiologist, and later in the video he shows anesthesiology records and talks about what he used. The last few minutes he talks about trauma care (ATLS guidelines) and the upcoming changes he sees as they travel down from military to civilian care.

Good pics and case analyses and even some video.

Last edited:

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    This video only confirms my choice of the FNH Five-seveN as my primary carry weapon. High speed, easily able to cause structural damage, and fragmentable.

And no one post the funnay pic about how getting shot with a 5.7 is only going to **** you off if you notice.
    toetap.gif

:nono:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Nice vid. Just confirms that shot placement is key. Also means I probably will be keeping a shotgun next to my bed, along with the handgun that is there every night.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Can someone give a quick breakdown? I don't have any sound at work...

Main things of interest I picked up on:

You have about an approx. 5 inch kill zone down the middle of the body that if you miss you can expect 6 out of 7 to live. Outside of the kill zone projectile can speed through with minimal damage.

Thought the 10 lbs of force from 3/4 inch drop = 9mm round was VERY interesting!

Don't put your finger on the trigger with a drop sling even if you are on the SWAT team!

:popcorn:

Shroom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2009
    Middletown, IN
    Seen the dupe thread but, Wow great vid for those that want to learn the med field. I watched all 34 mins and enjoyed it as strange as that sounds lol.

Shroom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2009
    Middletown, IN
    Main things of interest I picked up on:

You have about an approx. 5 inch kill zone down the middle of the body that if you miss you can expect 6 out of 7 to live. Outside of the kill zone projectile can speed through with minimal damage.

Thought the 10 lbs of force from 3/4 inch drop = 9mm round was VERY interesting!

Don't put your finger on the trigger with a drop sling even if you are on the SWAT team!

:popcorn:
    I thought everyone knew that 90-95% of handgun shootings are not deadly(depending on the state for facts). The media would love to have you think anything with a bullet is a instant KO and is mass murder.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I ran across this video earlier today and thought I would see if it had already been posted here. It has, so I'm bumping the thread for anyone who hasn't seen it. It's a pretty fascinating video.

Turfweazel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I had a thought when I was watching this. If hollow points stop so quickly and may not get vitals what if you loaded every other FMJ and hollow point? And the thing about 9mm=10lb weight is strange to me. I would drop that weight on my hand but I would rather not shoot my hand.

Top Bottom