• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Interesting information I found out today...

On Thursday I plan on going to Lucas Oil Stadium to watch the Colts woop some ***. My concern was not really my safety inside the stadium but rather my walk from the stadium back to my vehicle at 11PM. I planned on CC'ing my Glock 23 but then read numerous blogs/websites saying off duty LEOs can / cannot carry inside Lucas Oil. Since Lucas Oil is considered private property per LEOSA they have the final say (in theroy) whether or not you can or cannot carry.

Well a guy I work with just happens to know the man in charge of Security at Lucas Oil and gave him a rang. He stated the following for any of those interested in knowing this tid bit of information:

(1) An off-duty LEO can carry inside Lucas Oil Stadium but must:
    (a) Immediately identify themself as an off-duty LEO to a uniformed officer standing at the gate (not the yellow shirt security guards).
    (b) Present your police issued ID / Badge.
    (c) Sign a form indicating where you will be seated during the game.

I understand this sucks if you are not a LEO as I believe it should be your right to protect yourself but agree if you were allowed to carry you should be held to a higher standard then drunk joe-blow on the 50 yard line.

I would like to know why they are interested to know where LEOs are sitting other then just for reference...

Hope this helps anyone else looking for this same information :draw:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Would it be the same thing if you show a valid LTCH at the gate?

If they dont allow people with a LTCH to carry inside the stadium I would like to know what's their thought behind the idea of letting OFF-duty LEOs carry in the stadium.
    In one hand someone legally carrying a gun is not allowed to carry, in the other someone legally carrying a gun and not on duty is allowed.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Would it be the same thing if you show a valid LTCH at the gate?

If they dont allow people with a LTCH to carry inside the stadium I would like to know what's their thought behind the idea of letting OFF-duty LEOs carry in the stadium.
    In one hand someone legally carrying a gun is not allowed to carry, in the other someone legally carrying a gun and not on duty is allowed.

No, If you show your LTCH you will get denied entry. But then you can look at it as a LEO is always on-duty, even if he/she is off-duty....

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    No, If you show your LTCH you will get denied entry. But then you can look at it as a LEO is always on-duty, even if he/she is off-duty....

Just like a off-duty plumber with a LTCH is always on-duty right?

They could refuse off-duty LEOs to carry there if they wanted.So it's not like they are against guns, they are just against guns in the hands of non-LEOs. :rolleyes:

Im glad LEOs can carry there, I just wished other people could.
    Im sure many people dont go there because they are not allowed to defend themselves.

Last edited:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    You can always try small of back carry. When I went to the game, all 8 of us in 4 different lines were wanded. They start at your feet on the side and go up, arms spread over the top of the head and back down the side, then in between the legs. I could have easily carried either appendix or SOB and gotten by. Just my observation from the one game I attended.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You can always try small of back carry. When I went to the game, all 8 of us in 4 different lines were wanded. They start at your feet on the side and go up, arms spread over the top of the head and back down the side, then in between the legs. I could have easily carried either appendix or SOB and gotten by. Just my observation from the one game I attended.

No metal detectors? :dunno:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    No metal detectors? :dunno:

Only the wands. No actual standup detectors from where we went. You walk up, get wanded, they scan your ticket, go through the gate, up the stairs, to your seat. No metal detectors. Keep in mind, that's just my observation from the North side of the building.

Im wondering if they refound your ticket if they dont allow you to get in because you're carrying a gun.

No, if YOU are the reason you're denied entry, you lost out. You might get away with returning it to your car and being allowed in, but no refunds.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    No worries if anyone cc'ing isn't a LEO. Those high paid Lucas Oil gate attendants do some of the worst pat downs I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying. :)

5 times last year and never had an issue walking in carrying at the small of my back and one time on the calf.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    No worries if anyone cc'ing isn't a LEO. Those high paid Lucas Oil gate attendants do some of the worst pat downs I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying. :)

5 times last year and never had an issue walking in carrying at the small of my back and one time on the calf.

:yesway:

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Per wikipedia... it appears the colts put in 100 million to the stadium, the rest was paid for by the city of indianapolis/marion county and all sorts of taxes.

In my eyes... that means tax payers hold a majority share of that property, and it should be regarded as public property.

However with all the shenanigans that went into that place I refuse to purchase ANY colts attire nor will I spend a DIME at that place.

When they deem it public property I will reconsider.

And as such if its public property, if a private company is ursurping state law by using the "private company" exclusion in regards to constitutional freedoms I won't support that business.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Per wikipedia... it appears the colts put in 100 million to the stadium, the rest was paid for by the city of indianapolis/marion county and all sorts of taxes.

In my eyes... that means tax payers hold a majority share of that property, and it should be regarded as public property.

However with all the shenanigans that went into that place I refuse to purchase ANY colts attire nor will I spend a DIME at that place.

When they deem it public property I will reconsider.

Yeah it's founded mostly by public founds but it's private property. :dunno:

dsom2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Noblesville
    I don't support lucky sperm babies (Jim Irsay) whether they let me into the stadium that helped make the richer that I and all my friends paid for whether they let me in with my gun or not.

Peyton Manning seems like a wonderfully grounded man, but I just couldn't support him knowing who his boss was.

Top Bottom