Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PlinKing2392 View Post
    @ J706. What exactly, does you personal dislike for football, have to do with this thread? Just a question about why you would spend your time looking through and subsequently typing a response for a topic in which you clearly have no interest.

My interest, however, is to mention to the OP that I will also be attending on Thursday, I'll be in the blue 18 jersey, I should be easy to spot.

I also wanted to mention that Lucas Oil and the convention center have the same security force and are managed by the same organization, so, generally, the rules are the same for both venues.
    Mainly because of my severe dislike of using taxpayer money for the racket. And even though I live outside of Marion County, every time I buy a dinner I am paying for it again by the stadium food tax. All BS IMO.

Marksman
    Now I know this is a old thread but wondering if this still applies for LEO? Just show your ID/badge to security personnel. I plan on going to the game tomorrow just wanting to make sure there was no changes to this process. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by glock212327 View Post
    Now I know this is a old thread but wondering if this still applies for LEO? Just show your ID/badge to security personnel. I plan on going to the game tomorrow just wanting to make sure there was no changes to this process. Thanks guys.
    I have no idea, I've never been to a game off-duty. The genius security people still wand the EOD guys even though we have credentials allowing us all access.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birds Away View Post
    You'e thinking in circles and you have yourself surrounded.

I bet that's fun to watch their heads explode when the wand continuously goes off.
    Quote Originally Posted by LockStocksAndBarrel View Post
    Good point, stephen87! As usual it was well thought out, concise, and well, brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by glock212327 View Post
    From what I understood, the NFL (not Lucas Oil) has but a stop to any carry even for off duty law enforcement. From what I understand you must be working the event or else you with your firearm will not be welcomed. There was a thread on it a while back I know.

Marksman
    I appreciate it. I left my firearm at home. It was my Son's first colts game even though it wasn't much of a game.

Master
    Yes non event working LEO are not allowed to carry inside the stadium during NFL events and the big ten championships. Most major sporting events ban LEO from carrying also. NCAA final four ect. Public events and private events in Lucas oil can be open to all to carry. So some events will allow it. NRA convention did. So events will differ by the event but the sporting ones all use the body scanners and the wands.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen87 View Post
    I bet that's fun to watch their heads explode when the wand continuously goes off.
    The funniest thing is when we have explosive RSP tools with us and they ask to search our packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bfish View Post
    From what I understood, the NFL (not Lucas Oil) has but a stop to any carry even for off duty law enforcement. From what I understand you must be working the event or else you with your firearm will not be welcomed. There was a thread on it a while back I know.
    I love how the NFL gets to dictate the rules. No wonder I don't watch the games or buy merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein View Post
    I love how the NFL gets to dictate the rules. No wonder I don't watch the games or buy merchandise.
    ^^^ THIS ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    Objective standards are meaningless if people are not held to them.
    He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36 NIV

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast