• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    "I just got a call from a voter in Muncie who was turned away from the polls because he was lawfully carrying a handgun. The poll inspector tried to tell him that carrying a gun into the poll was "voter intimidation."

Hmmm.. I just got back from the polls and didn't have any problems carrying my Sig 220 Elite in a Miami Classic shoulder rig.

Sometimes it doesn't pay to advertise... :laugh:

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Shoot. We just got back from voting in Winchester. Carried my 238, but carried it concealed. Mostly because she who usually gets her way has taken a shine to it. There was no blood, no intimidation, no silliness. Just friendly small talk and voting.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Where was the polling place? Could have been a places illegal to carry anyways. J/S

Wait, so you're saying that if it was in fact an off limits place for carry that the poll inspector thought it better to go with "voter intimidation" instead of it being illegal?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Hmmm.. I just got back from the polls and didn't have any problems carrying my Sig 220 Elite in a Miami Classic shoulder rig.

Sometimes it doesn't pay to advertise... :laugh:
    Meh...

I went this morning with my P226 in a Yaqui Slide plainly visible, and had never a thing said about it.

Course, I am not of the OC nor of the CC Factions. I am a member of the JFC Faction... :popcorn:

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but I don't get this line of thinking. Should we also not speak out mind, or wear clothing/objects that represent our faith because someone may not agree with it and see it as intimidating?

You have every right to walk up to Mike Tyson and tell him his voice sounds like he's a purple twinkie-winkie. You have the freedom of speech, bu that doesn't mean it is smart to holler "FIRE" in a crowded theater. There are times that I open carry and there are times when I stop and think "will my open display of a firearm cause concern for others?". In those situations, I still carry but try to minimize the potential for concern or misunderstandings..

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    You have every right to walk up to Mike Tyson and tell him his voice sounds like he's a purple twinkie-winkie. You have the freedom of speech, bu that doesn't mean it is smart to holler "FIRE" in a crowded theater. There are times that I open carry and there are times when I stop and think "will my open display of a firearm cause concern for others?". In those situations, I still carry but try to minimize the potential for concern or misunderstandings..

Don't turn this into some half assed OC/CC debate. The fact is that a Hoosier was once again DENIED his right to vote while exercising another completely legal natural right.

Besides yelling fire when there is no fire is a crime in most places, OC is absolutely 100% legal.

Top Bottom