• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    So, while standing in line at a local eatery to pick up my called in order, I noticed that the guy in front of me was OC. I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece. .45 colt was all i could make out before he spun around, hand rested on the grip and spit out "the **** you lookin at boy?"
    Looked me up and down, grabbed his bag of food, and left.

first, i was standing 3 feet back from him
    second, i'm 6'2" 300
    third, i'm 37 with a scraggly beard (i hate shaving) so "boy" isn't really a term I would apply to myself.

did i break some unspoken rule of open carry etiquette? I wasn't standing on top of the guy. I wasn't threatening in any way. I wasn't reaching to touch his big freakin revolver. I was simply looking, from a respectable distance, at the gun hanging off his belt.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    Sounds like the wrong kind of people that need to be OCing or carrying at all. To me just sounds like some punk a$$ that is carrying because he thinks it makes him look like a bada$$ and not for the right reasons. I see that you did nothing wrong.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    So, while standing in line at a local eatery to pick up my called in order, I noticed that the guy in front of me was OC. I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece. .45 colt was all i could make out before he spun around, hand rested on the grip and spit out "the **** you lookin at boy?"
    Looked me up and down, grabbed his bag of food, and left.

first, i was standing 3 feet back from him
    second, i'm 6'2" 300
    third, i'm 37 with a scraggly beard (i hate shaving) so "boy" isn't really a term I would apply to myself.

did i break some unspoken rule of open carry etiquette? I wasn't standing on top of the guy. I wasn't threatening in any way. I wasn't reaching to touch his big freakin revolver. I was simply looking, from a respectable distance, at the gun hanging off his belt.

I would have just told him I was admiring his .45

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    oh, believe me, I would have. I wasn't really given the time. Was also kinda shocked at the reaction, so I was tongue tied for a few. The girl behind the register asked me what his problem was. I just shrugged.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    LP, while i'm sure that would have been hysterical on my part, the jackwagon with the chip on his shoulder probably would have decked me.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    He overreacted. Perhaps a simple explanation of exactly what you were looking at was in order. I'll leave it to you to make that determination.

MagicKev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    So you're telling me you ran into James Yeager today? I thought he wasn't supposed to be carrying? And not carrying a Glock?

WJB63

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Lafayette area
    Had a guy come up to me this past summer, look at the pistol on my hip and say "Nice Glock". You can imagine my horror ... insulting my XDm like that! :D

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    I had a clerk look at me slightly funny and ask if I was carrying. I said yes, and how did it know? He said he saw a bulge under my shirt. I told him I had a 9 and hoped he wasn't getting nervous.
    He said "Nope, mine's bigger." and drew a 45 out.:):

Last edited:
    Top Bottom