Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: overreaction?

User Info Menu

overreaction?

So, while standing in line at a local eatery to pick up my called in order, I noticed that the guy in front of me was OC. I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece. .45 colt was all i could make out before he spun around, hand rested on the grip and spit out "the **** you lookin at boy?"
    Looked me up and down, grabbed his bag of food, and left.

first, i was standing 3 feet back from him
    second, i'm 6'2" 300
    third, i'm 37 with a scraggly beard (i hate shaving) so "boy" isn't really a term I would apply to myself.

did i break some unspoken rule of open carry etiquette? I wasn't standing on top of the guy. I wasn't threatening in any way. I wasn't reaching to touch his big freakin revolver. I was simply looking, from a respectable distance, at the gun hanging off his belt.

Shooter

User Info Menu

that guy was just too cool.

*in before the "he is making us look bad" crowd

User Info Menu

Sounds like the wrong kind of people that need to be OCing or carrying at all. To me just sounds like some punk a$$ that is carrying because he thinks it makes him look like a bada$$ and not for the right reasons. I see that you did nothing wrong.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8088 View Post
    So, while standing in line at a local eatery to pick up my called in order, I noticed that the guy in front of me was OC. I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece. .45 colt was all i could make out before he spun around, hand rested on the grip and spit out "the **** you lookin at boy?"
    Looked me up and down, grabbed his bag of food, and left.

first, i was standing 3 feet back from him
    second, i'm 6'2" 300
    third, i'm 37 with a scraggly beard (i hate shaving) so "boy" isn't really a term I would apply to myself.

did i break some unspoken rule of open carry etiquette? I wasn't standing on top of the guy. I wasn't threatening in any way. I wasn't reaching to touch his big freakin revolver. I was simply looking, from a respectable distance, at the gun hanging off his belt.
    I would have just told him I was admiring his .45
    “We must hang together, gentlemen…else, we shall most assuredly hang separately.” – Benjamin Franklin

User Info Menu

oh, believe me, I would have. I wasn't really given the time. Was also kinda shocked at the reaction, so I was tongue tied for a few. The girl behind the register asked me what his problem was. I just shrugged.

User Info Menu

Sounds like the guy was just an *******.
    Last edited by danielocean03; 01-15-2013 at 06:24.
    The beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

User Info Menu

should have said you were admiring his long,hard steel

User Info Menu

LP, while i'm sure that would have been hysterical on my part, the jackwagon with the chip on his shoulder probably would have decked me.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Should have kept staring, last I checked that wasn't illegal.

User Info Menu

He overreacted. Perhaps a simple explanation of exactly what you were looking at was in order. I'll leave it to you to make that determination.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast