Not open for further replies.

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    Looks Ok to me.

The drive looks like (we don't know) came out of the car (not normal) and was reaching back in to an unsecure space, 2 people to watch and one officer.

Sometimes taking control looks harsh, but it needs to work, it worked.

I am not a LEO so this is just my .o2

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    :wow: That's just way over the top. There was nothing threatening about the man who was pulled over. Should do a very nice job of lining the pockets of the man who was forced faced down on the ground and cuffed for legally carrying. I hope the man sues the officer and that he is fired, hopefully gets some jail time too.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Repost, but I can't find the original at the moment.

Looks Ok to me.

The drive looks like (we don't know) came out of the car (not normal) and was reaching back in to an unsecure space, 2 people to watch and one officer.

Sometimes taking control looks harsh, but it needs to work, it worked.

I am not a LEO so this is just my .o2
    If I recall correctly, he had it slightly behind his hip concealed under his shirt. Not in the van. Yes, the cop was an ******* but it is illegal to print in Florida and if he didn't print the officer wouldn't have ever known. Other than some things that came out of his mouth I think the officer handled it relatively well.

SOCOM242

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Well, when cops these days are trained to think that every person they meet is going to try to kill them, this stuff happens.

On the other hand, the driver probably should have just stayed in the car.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    If I recall correctly, he had it slightly behind his hip concealed under his shirt. Not in the van. Yes, the cop was an ******* but it is illegal to print in Florida and if he didn't print the officer wouldn't have ever known. Other than some things that came out of his mouth I think the officer handled it relatively well.

Florida changed that law about printing and/or briefly exposing your concealed hand gun. I am not sure when this video was filmed, but the new law went into effect last year.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

790.053 Open carrying of weapons.—
    (1) Except as otherwise provided by law and in subsection (2), it is unlawful for any person to openly carry on or about his or her person any firearm or electric weapon or device. It is not a violation of this section for a person licensed to carry a concealed firearm as provided in s. 790.06(1), and who is lawfully carrying a firearm in a concealed manner, to briefly and openly display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another person, unless the firearm is intentionally displayed in an angry or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense.

So if this was filmed after that law went into effect, then the police officer was wrong in stating that it was a violation of his permit to expose his firearm.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Florida changed that law about printing and/or briefly exposing your concealed hand gun. I am not sure when this video was filmed, but the new law went into effect last year.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

So if this was filmed after that law went into effect, then the police officer was wrong in stating that it was a violation of his permit to expose his firearm.
    Now that you mention it I believe it was after that went into effect and that's why it caused an uproar. Still not a big deal. Just have the officer call his supervisor and things will get straightened out and the officer will know for next time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom