• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Waiting until June to go back up to Chicago myself.

Hope everything goes well. If you are traveling, travel in the daylight as much as possible. At night, get out of Chicago, or stay inside the hotel. Wait for June.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Waiting until June to go back up to Chicago myself.

Hope everything goes well. If you are traveling, travel in the daylight as much as possible. At night, get out of Chicago, or stay inside the hotel. Wait for June.

What happens in June?

yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    I'd be willing to bet they won't have a reciprocity agreement with any other state. Why would they make it easy for someone from another state to carry when they don't even want people in their own state to carry?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know this is not the proper way to do things but I will not go into that town/area again un-armed. I will deal with the consequences if any.
    At least I will be alive to deal with them. Not suggesting breaking the law, just my own humble opinion.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Kirk, that assumes that they don't make it a "May Issue" ccw/ltch like what Hawaii has (meaning, they just flat out dont issue any). And they don't have to recognize anyone elses permits/liscenses...

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Kirk, that assumes that they don't make it a "May Issue" ccw/ltch like what Hawaii has (meaning, they just flat out dont issue any). And they don't have to recognize anyone elses permits/liscenses...

isn't that what they pretty much had in place already?

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    Go to Afghanistan, it's safer. Chicago lost more people Last year than we lost US soldiers. Just saying....

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    You think you guys have it bad? I work in downtown Chicago. :(

I also work downtown. However I carry everytime im out there. I know the consequences, but I dont care, if traffic is bad on the expressway I take alternative routes and these routes are far from safe routes. I have been pulled over twice in chicago with my 9mm on my waist, if they have no reason they cant search you therefore will not know you are carrying it. If I ever have to use it out there I would reather have to reap the legal consequences and be able to see my children again than be dead. Just my :twocents:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I prefer the right to carry, but I won't let that stand in the way of enjoying the city from time to time....and I refuse to live in fear. I just stay where there is less trouble.

I will be at Wrigley Field Monday for the home opener.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I prefer the right to carry, but I won't let that stand in the way of enjoying the city from time to time....and I refuse to live in fear. I just stay where there is less trouble.

I will be at Wrigley Field Monday for the home opener.

THIS!

It seems like everyone understands the laws in Chicago, but still go there. How many actually go to the locations where the violence is taking place? :dunno:

Top Bottom