• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    TEMPLE, TX -- An active duty soldier was accosted and arrested over lawful carrying of firearms. The encounter was recorded on video.

“While out hiking with my son through backcountry roads to help him earn his Eagle Scout rank, I was illegally arrested and disarmed without cause. I was thrown in jail and my lawfully owned weapons were confiscated without receipt or notice,” Sergeant C.J. Grisham wrote on the website for the defense fund.

While accosting Sergeant Grisham, police explained that they react to phone calls from the public, even if they have no legal basis for concern.

“When you alarm people, and they call us,” one of the officers in the video begins to say, after Grisham asks why the officiers failed to ask for his concealed-carry permit.

“And did you explain to them what the law is, sir?” Grisham asks.

“They don’t care what the law is,” the officer replies. Graham then shoots back, “Do you care what the law is?”

Police, 'anti-gun' prosecutor clash with soldiers in area around Fort Hood

529579_515891311781708_565433091_n.png

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Well, I'll allow that the video doesn't show everything. Grisham is already being physically restrained by one LEO when the clip begins. So we don't know what happened prior to that point.

That said, the commentary from the LEO's to the effect that, "it doesn't matter what the law says" is sufficient to warrant removal from the PD, IMO. And no, I would NOT allow them to resign. They would be terminated, which also precludes their pension access. I strongly support LEO's, but I have no tolerance for a bad cop. And those are bad cops, IMO.

Grisham should've held his tongue, it would be better for his position and his case, no doubt.

But as soon as the LEO's begin spouting rhetoric that it doesn't matter what the law says, that's the determining factor, in my book. 'Cause it sure as hell DOES matter.

Personally, I have no issue with members of our armed forces carrying guns while ON duty, OFF duty, ON the base, OFF the base, or whatever.

I would opine, based solely on that video and article that Grisham has a very good case against the individual Officers, and Temple, TX.

However, the REAL problem, again from that article, appears to be the local Prosecutor, Kalafut. I would strongly encourage the good people in Kalfut's jurisdiction to remove him from Office. He's doing nothing to benefit the community, and will cause the community much headache in both time, effort, and $$$.

JMO.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I would say he was illegally detained and belittled in front of his son. He should be angry. I am angry. How can this happen in Texas?
    How can it not happen in Texas? Have you not been paying attention to anything going on in that state over the last 2 decades? It's a police state of the worst sort. Makes NYC look like Libertopia in many instances. This is just par for the course in Texas. Anyone that espouses Texas as some mythical land of freedom and liberty clearly has failed to pay any attention to events in that state.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    How can it not happen in Texas? Have you not been paying attention to anything going on in that state over the last 2 decades? It's a police state of the worst sort. Makes NYC look like Libertopia in many instances. This is just par for the course in Texas. Anyone that espouses Texas as some mythical land of freedom and liberty clearly has failed to pay any attention to events in that state.

I've heard that they have GFZ school zones, which I thought they actually outlawed. Now they have GFZ hospitals too? WTF. It is a conservative state. Why are they allowing liberal prosecutors even? Does every tragedy (Ft. Hood terrorist shooter) inevitably result in liberals injecting their agenda?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How can this happen in Texas?

I am not quite sure how Texas got this "pro-gun" reputation. Maybe the horse operas of the '50s? Maybe the nonsense articles in The New Yorker about how they saw Texans open carrying at breakfast? Not sure where this comes from.

Texas law enforcement has a terrible habit of making stuff up to suit a political agenda. Heck, they made a movie about Texas law enforcement just a few years ago based on a true prosecution American Violet. If you want to know what can happen down there, rent it next weekend.

American Violet (2008) - IMDb

I don't know what happened in this incident and can only wait to see what happens.

I, myself, have had zero contact with Texas LE other than those in class with me or being asked about Indiana deer hunting while in a gun store in Kerrville. However, given the stories down there, I have no desire to run into Texas LE ever.:D

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    It's Temple, TX. (sorry Kirk) I remember getting warnings about Temple during in-processing at Ft Hood in the mid 90's. That little :poop:hole of a town is notoriously anti-service member. They also run a speed trap, pretty much 24/7 and will write you for 2 MPH over.

Those two cops will probably be promoted, not disciplined.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    It's Temple, TX. (sorry Kirk) I remember getting warnings about Temple during in-processing at Ft Hood in the mid 90's. That little :poop:hole of a town is notoriously anti-service member. They also run a speed trap, pretty much 24/7 and will write you for 2 MPH over.

They deserve tarring and feathering...

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

Which is partly in Bell County if I read correctly.

Top Bottom