• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    The word from those most involved in getting CCW in Illinois there will be a vote on this today. This is HB997 that is shall issue and should give recripricty for other state permits. The bill is scheduled for a vote sometime this afternoon, can't give a closer time frame than that. I just wanted to share this in case some of the members here are the same as I and from Illannoy. Phone calls and e-mails are appreciated. This can be followed at

Illinois Politics - IllinoisCarry.com

In case you want to make yourself crazy the first post in "Illinois General Assembly 4-18-2013 gives links to watch live. Wish us luck, it will be good for all of us. Jim.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Why are they "voting" on it? Thought the supreme court said they have 6 months or else? :dunno:

They still have the ability to set the details of the new law to their liking. All the court said is that they have to create a law allowing it. Said nothing about may/shall issue or reciprocity.

Also, I believe it was the 7th Circuit Court that said it, not the SCOTUS.

All that being said, good luck on getting something at least somewhat sane!

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Why are they "voting" on it? Thought the supreme court said they have 6 months or else? :dunno:

Not exactly; It was the 7th circuit court of appeals that gave them 180 days. If that time expires on June 9th carry with our FOID card will no longer be unlawful. Without going into a long post here it would be much better for all to have a "clean" CCW in place. Jim.

The ruling did not order a law to be passed, only that as of 180 days the old law banning carry is no longer enforcible, big difference.

Last edited:

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Edit: Got it.^^^

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't a federal court say that IL had 180 days to pass some provision for legal firearms carry? When is the drop dead date on that?

And what happens if they don't? Does the entire state legislature get thrown into the hoosegow (joining their former governors)? Would there suddenly be a de facto right to carry?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I can see them passing a shall issue permit, then allowing municipalities(Chicago) to preempt the state law with a local ordinance that makes it worthless.

wrnyhuise

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    SW Indianapolis
    Stephen87, i do not think we are speaking of the same kind of red. I mean to say get more conservative types in office and bring some common sense to the state to fix the issues.

Top Bottom