• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GingerGlockGirl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2013
    I am a bit of a novice... I am currently waiting for my Indiana LTCH and my boyfriend and I were looking into getting our Utah permits. We have fellow gun loving friends who live in OH and would like to be able to carry when we are visiting them. My boyfriend already has his LTCH and so my question is; to obtain a Utah permit do I need to have my Indiana LTCH in hand or can I take the course prior to its arrival?

Thanks so much!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I am a bit of a novice... I am currently waiting for my Indiana LTCH and my boyfriend and I were looking into getting our Utah permits. We have fellow gun loving friends who live in OH and would like to be able to carry when we are visiting them. My boyfriend already has his LTCH and so my question is; to obtain a Utah permit do I need to have my Indiana LTCH in hand or can I take the course prior to its arrival?

Thanks so much!

You can take the course now, but you have to have a valid license in your home state before applying for the Utah non-resident. No reason not to go ahead and get he course out of the way.

Also, you're in luck, being a soulless ginger does not disqualify you from obtaining a LTCH!! :D

BTW, welcome to :ingo:

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    If you do take the Utah class, you have up to a year to send in the paperwork for the Utah license. I just got mine and it only took 3 months- which compared to Indiana's 4-6 months doesn't seem too bad.

Top Bottom