• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Nope, that's murder pure and simple. There no similarity. Now IF this guy gets off, then I can see why people would riot.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    His own security camera caught him drawing on the kid, him hollering at the kid's mother, and then pointing the gun at him again before pulling the trigger. Insanity/whatnot plea is his only shot of dying outside of prison.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    NO Comparison to the Zimmerman case, Murder, just another example of the Media and anti gun Zealots attempting to confuse the issue

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Of course, we don't know the facts to this case anymore than we did before Zimmerman's. It does look like murder, but it may or may not have anything to do with race!
    why can't they just try the case on facts? Why do we always have to bring race in to everything?

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    You guys are all wrong. The two cases are identical - in both cases a gun was used by a citizen to kill another citizen. All the other circumstances are irrelevant in comparison.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Of course, we don't know the facts to this case anymore than we did before Zimmerman's. It does look like murder, but it may or may not have anything to do with race!
    why can't they just try the case on facts? Why do we always have to bring race in to everything?

I loved reading the story of the two teenagers who chased down the guy who kidnapped the little girl. Those two deserve a big pat on the back for what they did. But, the part I hated was the media having to label it "Black teens save white girl." Why should that be relevant? Racism is only alive in this country because it sells. It sells for Kanye West when he says something stupid about it. It sells for the media when things like the Zimmerman incident occur. This country is turned against itself to sell advertising.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I hope this man rots in prison. Completely unjustified. A child was taken far too early for reasons that escape me and probably most of us on this forum.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

This! The guy could have been insane or even off of his meds. I'll wait for the facts.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I loved reading the story of the two teenagers who chased down the guy who kidnapped the little girl. Those two deserve a big pat on the back for what they did. But, the part I hated was the media having to label it "Black teens save white girl." Why should that be relevant? Racism is only alive in this country because it sells. It sells for Kanye West when he says something stupid about it. It sells for the media when things like the Zimmerman incident occur. This country is turned against itself to sell advertising.
    Exactly! The story should have been "two teens save girl"! Race played no part in it, so why mention it?

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville

Agreed completely. The worst is when a news outlet mentions a suspect on the loose but deliberately refuses to provide the race of the person for fear of being racially insensitive, but when they can use it to their advantage they throw race and skin color into every conceivable place in the story.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This! The guy could have been insane or even off of his meds. I'll wait for the facts.
    The phrase "off his meds" kinda implies a diagnosed mental illness that was being managed by medication. That said, I have no meaningful level of sympathy for people who are mentally ill, diagnosed or undiagnosed, and medicly managed or unmanaged, who commit felonious criminal acts, or criminal acts which, if committed by someone certifiably sane, would constitute felonies.

We have laws against acts which we, as a society, cannot tolerate being allowed to happen. The details surrounding any given occurrence of such an act are just that, details. When we have an act, with concrete evidence in custody, that was committed by a definite actor, who is also in custody, the only thing which should ever, in a just society, stay the swift hand of justice is further concrete evidence of a higher justice which was served by the act, self-defense being but the most obvious. Issues of behavioural impairment do not impress me, whether they are of a medical nature, whether prescribed, recreational, or otherwise, or organic defects which lead to behaviour of the criminal nature. Those who are incapable of helping themselves, of moderating their own behaviour so as to not commit criminal acts, are just as culpable, in my opinion, as those who are capable of moderating their behaviour and simply choose to behave criminally. Both need to be locked away from "polite society" for the safety and security of all of us who do not commit criminal acts.

Now, whether that exclusion is to a place called prison of "the loony bin", does not really concern me either. Unless there can be some scientific evidence, to show by some standard of scientific understanding, that a given criminal is no longer susceptible to the urge to commit criminal acts, there is no compelling reason to let them back into "polite society". If that means the coocoo can never be cured, or if medicly managed, to reliably maintain their medical regimen unaided by outside assistance, then they can simply never be trusted back out into the world.

I just do not see, as yet, any credible claim of a higher justice which was served by this guy's homicidal act, and every indication that he's one who should be a long-term resident of one of those exclusionary areas. As far as I can tell, this trial is all about which it should be, prison, or the loony bin, for this guy's final years.

Edit: Oh look. I was right.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...tentional-homicide-in-fatal-shooting-of-teen/

Only question for this guy is prison or mental hospital, but he's goin' bye-bye.

Last edited:

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Wow. This is identical to the Zimmerman trial because the black kid murdered that would look just like obama's son was involved. :rolleyes: What this guy did was completely wrong and the media is gonna use it to keep the Zimmerman pot stirring. I'm not a racist but I don't appreciate how race ALWAYS plays a part in everything in this country. We're all different colors, who honestly cares?

Top Bottom