• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I am a carpenter and I am in a lumber yard or big box store almost every day to get supplies. I live very close to the Griffith Menards so screws, nails, hinges and whatever that is where I wind up. I am also in that store to get bird seed and things for around the house. All of that to say in the last 22 years that I have been in that store thousands if times.
    I went in just before closing the other night, and as I walked in I passed the security guard and said “Hi, how you doing?” He said, “Fine how are you?” I said “Great as I walked to the back of the store. In the back I saw one of the managers and asked where I could find the item I was looking for and he gave me directions. I picked up a few items I needed and checked out.
    As I walked to the exit the security guard stopped me and told me that the manager told him to tell me that the next time I came in the store I would need to conceal my firearm. I asked him if that was corporate policy or just for that store. He said his manager had made the rule for that store. I said that I had never had a problem at any other Menards. He said that may be but I would have to cover up in this store. To which I said no problem I just won’t shop there any more. He said that wouldn’t be necessary all I had to do is cover up. I said that Home Depot has everything they do I won’t spend my money here again.:):

:xmad:When I got home I e-mailed Menards Corporateand told them that since I was not welcome to open carry in their Griffith store I would take my business to Home Depot.

The next day I needed some hardware for a different job and I was commiserating the previous night’s vow, because it is ½ mile to Menards and ten to twelve miles round trip to Home Depot.

Then I received this exact e-mail:

You are more than welcome to bring in your side arm. I’ll address this issue with the store manager.

Thank you.
    Ray:rockwoot:

I have also received an apology from the store manager, both an e-mail and a typed letter.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    I would like to see the email as well. Not saying I don't believe you, but I would like to thank the, for their corporate decision and let them know I would be willing to support them with my dollars instead of the Home Depot closer to us if they are truly supportive of gun owners' rights.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I don't know how to do that but the, but the one i received from (supposedly) Ray Menard is exactly what is posted.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I was going to say, I have never had a problem in the Lafayette/West Lafayette Menards.
    More of the "associates" will ask me details or reviews on whatever I'm carrying that day. They ask my advice on different makes and models of long guns and hand guns.

Menards has always been happy to have my business, whether they can tell I'm carrying or not.

Then again, almost every single employee in my local Menards knows me by sight if not by name.

Rfrantz3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    Westfield
    I would like to see the email as well. Not saying I don't believe you, but I would like to thank the, for their corporate decision and let them know I would be willing to support them with my dollars instead of the Home Depot closer to us if they are truly supportive of gun owners' rights.

I second that!!!

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Email Menards a link to this thread to show just how much their prompt response to a 2A issue, and how they addressed it, is appreciated.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

I started to cut and paste the e-malls but then realized that it would be against forum rules you will just have to take my word.

**CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE** This communication constitutes an electronic communication within the meaning of the Electronic Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Section 2510, et. seq. Disclosure of this communication is strictly limited to the intended recipient. This communication and its contents and attachments, if any, are confidential and may contain information that is privileged or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Receipt by any person or entity other than the intended recipient does not constitute waiver or loss of the confidential or privileged nature of this communication. Any review, dissemination, copying, resubmission, transfer, or distribution in any form by any person or entity other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete any and all copies of this communication and any attachments. Failure to abide by these provisions will result in legal and equitable action taken against yo u, as identified in 18 U.S.C. Sections 2520-21.
    cleardot.gif

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Email Menards a link to this thread to show just how much their prompt response to a 2A issue, and how they addressed it, is appreciated.

Done

I just want to thank you again for your prompt response to my recent difficulty at your Griffith Indiana store. I shared the incident with a few friends and they advised me to give you a link to the Indiana Gun Owners forum so you could see the the positive response to your pro Second Amendment stance. Thank you again for your support of our Constitution.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry-issues-self-defense/305182-menards.html

BTW folks I have never had any problems at any Menards in the past. That is why I was taken aback by this incident. All in all I am extremely pleased with their response.

Top Bottom