• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    We're on vacation in Tennessee and went to Ripley's Aquarium today.
    Because "No Guns Allowed" signs carry legal weight in Tennessee, I called the aquarium before we went and asked if they prohibited firearms.
    I was told they did not prohibit them and that they felt safer when their patrons were legally armed.:yesway:
    I was pleasantly surprised.:)

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    So did I. Very nice place. I was looking out for the gun buster signs while we were there last year. I only saw one. While you're down there try the ribs at Calhoun's.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Because "No Guns Allowed" signs carry legal weight in Tennessee, I called the aquarium before we went and asked if they prohibited firearms.
    I was told they did not prohibit them and that they felt safer when their patrons were legally armed.:yesway:

That's a really cool response! When we were there a few years ago, I, regretfully, didn't carry much. The Hodgepodge of legal vs. verboten establishments makes shopping/looking/browsing quite difficult.

It is a cool aquarium, though, ain't it?

I carried there.

Yeah.... You don't count. :D YOU can carry in IL, CA, and NY, too!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've carried there numerous times as well. I have looked for gun buster signs there, and the only two I have found were at the Ober Gatlinburg terminal (I believe it states it is illegal to carry on the cable cars themselves), and some lousy little tshirt shop on the strip. I know there is one at the main entrance of Dixie Stampede in Pidgeon Forge, too.

Anyway, that's a great response from them. Glad to hear!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Very nice response!

I've carried there many times as well. We vacation in that area pretty frequently. TN has a few wacky laws, but overall is fairly pro-freedom.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    you also have that magic badge that lets you carry in NY or Illinois... go away :):

LEOSA lets us carry, but we still have to abide by the "off limits" set by private entities or state sub-entities.

((b) This section shall not be construed to supersede or limit the laws of any State that—(1) permit private persons or entities to prohibit or restrict the possession of concealed firearms on their property; or
    (2) prohibit or restrict the possession of firearms on any State or local government property, installation, building, base, or park.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    After reading this thread and some other conflicting threads, I decided to call before going. The lady on the phone said they had a lockbox for weapons. I asked if it was mandatory and she said yes. I didn't go there to see if they had a metal detector or other way to know. So we just didn't go. YMMV

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Last time I was there I did not see a no carry sign, but I saw conceal carry while I was there so I would go for it. Next time I go, totally gonna happen.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I left my pistol in the car and just figured there would be gun buster sign. After we got in, I remembered to look and didn't see any signs. Then I looked online while watching the mermaid show and found this thread among others in other sites. Since nothing was recent, I decided to post here. I've been keeping a close eye on other places and haven't seen a sign so far, but haven't been too many places.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    At least you did not get some anti that answered the phone and gave their own version. We called ahead at the Hatfields and McCoy dinner theater and were told it's a no go Zone, when we got there there was no sign period. My wife let the manager know we were less than pleased over the misinformation!

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    So the Dixie stampede has a sign up??? we go there often.... haven't been in a few years. there are way to many attractions to support these establishments

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Incase anyone was curious I reached out the the Dixie stampede and sure enough they do not allow firearms. I was told they have guards checking bags to ensure no weapons are in their venue. I let them know that my family will not be attending the show anymore and that I will be passing this information on to a larger group.

Top Bottom