• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    It has such a small frame and a fairly large round, along with a long trigger pull, that I do not enjoy shooting it. I like shooting my Ruger 9mm LCP a lot more, but it is too large for CC during the warmer months (although in the cooler months when it can be concealed by a coat, jacket or sweatshirt, I do carry it). Still, I need to be confident with the 380 in case of a personal protection incident, so I took it to the range today and fired a few magazines through it at 7 meters. Hit a 12" metal target 4 of 6 times on average (it only holds 6 rounds). Not too shabby. I figure that personal protection incidents usually occur at that range or less. I know ammo is scarce and expensive, and it seems that fewer people are going to the range, which depletes their ammo inventory. But it is important to be confident and accurate with your personal protection weapon. Going to the range, for me, is not only about practice and accuracy -- it is also about feeling confident in drawing and firing your weapon. Just my :twocents:.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Yea, that's how I wanted to feel about my LCP, but it didn't work out. We had to part ways because that long trigger pull made my thumb get in the way, and I couldn't pull the trigger sometimes.

Enthusiast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    That pistol is kind of like a pocket knife. Sometimes you forget you're carrying it and is nice to have on you if you need it for a task.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Yea, that's how I wanted to feel about my LCP, but it didn't work out. We had to part ways because that long trigger pull made my thumb get in the way, and I couldn't pull the trigger sometimes.

Same here. That trigger and the sore hand whenever I shot it was my deciding factor to sell mine. I do miss how easily it concealed though

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    mine is uncomfortable to shoot. I just don't enjoy it at all. My XD9SC conceals well enough though i don't ever do pocket carry. I suppose if I wanted that the LCP will come in handy but it's still going in the classifieds soon.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I'm confused. They don't make a 9mm LCP. They do make a 9mm LC9 and its brother the LC380.

So, which are you referring to? Do you have an actual LCP 380?

As far as discomfort shooting. Who cares, it's not intended to be a range gun. It's intended to save a life.
    If you ever need it in a self defense situation. You will not notice any discomfort. Put a CT laser on it, and it's the perfect pocket gun that rides great.

Take to the range when you go, and shoot 2 or 3 mags through it to stay proficient with it, then put back in your pocket.

The long trigger pull...a couple of weeks of daily dry fire practice for 5-10 minutes, and you'll forget about the trigger pull.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    When a robber enters the business, you'll be the first one sho.........No. Wrong Thread.

Contrary to popular belief, the benefits of having large breasts heavily outweighs any negative ris.......Argggh. Wrong Forum.

Sorry, I know I've got it around here somewhere........

As a self defense round, the 380 SUCKS. ...........I knew I'd find it.. :):

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    If you want you could just OC a 1911. I hear they are a joy to shoot and if you OC then you don't have to worry about how well it conceals. :yesway:

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    I agree with Looney2ns. My LCP is not fun to shoot, especially in a wallet holster. I use it whenever I need concealment...that's the trade off.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I never had issue shooting my LCP. I've burned up several boxes in a sitting without any complaints. It's accurate enough for what it is and other than the 48lb, 17 mile long trigger pull, I've got zero complaints.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I really liked my LCP. Accurate. I didn't think the recoil was bad. And it was reliable. I just could not justify keeping it, after comparing it to my 2 P238s. 3 if you count my wife's. I usually carry one of my CM9s, but when I want something really small, the P238 is just right.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Same here. The recoil is not bad if you practice...one hand two hands and mine is reliable too. It's been my EDC for almost 3 years now. Compact size, good feel with the little mag dovetail extension, and fun to shoot make it a good choice for me.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I have a LCP. I made some modifications to it and I think it's a nice little gun now. I added a Hogue grip sleeve, a magazine extender and a 13# spring. I have no complaints with the way it shoots or the recoil. Perhaps it is because I am used to the long trigger pull from carrying and shooting the SP101. I like the way the gun fits in my hands now.

I still carry my SP101 but may someday carry the LCP if I ever find the perfect holster for it. Or maybe I will use it as a back up gun.

2013-04-28_02-04-14_265_zps9350157c.jpg

Top Bottom