• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    A guy doing nothing illegal -- OCing a rifle -- prompts neighbors to call the government.

Police show up, illegally order him to disarm, and shoot him.

“We don’t believe he was aiming or shooting the weapon,” said the police spokesman.

Man with rifle wounded in faceoff with Edmonds police

Nothing to see here in the liberal media I'm sure. Well, unless he was black? (JK)

It must have been an "assault weapon" for the police to be that afraid huh? Especially those Russian Mosin Nagants with large capacity magazines, those look like RPK's and stuff... (again, JK)

Last edited:

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Agreed! Money and lots of it seems to be the only thing these para-military police organizations understand.
    The second video implies that he fired upon them, and in that case, would obviously deserve getting shot. Should be interesting to see the outcome.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Hmm... 7:30AM on a Saturday walking past an empty school by the way. Fishy story, not many "verified" details.

[edit - couldn't see everything in the story links from work]

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    A guy doing nothing illegal -- OCing a rifle -- prompts neighbors to call the government.

Police show up, illegally order him to disarm, and shoot him.

“We don’t believe he was aiming or shooting the weapon,” said the police spokesman.

Man with rifle wounded in faceoff with Edmonds police
    Where do you see the illegally ordering him to disarm...is there more to the story that you saw that I didnt? You get called 911 on near a school the cops are gonna come. You know what he was doing? Everyone saying sue.... The other story said a loud shot like a rifle... There is so much more to this story and everyone jumping to blame the cops... kinda hypocritical without knowing the whole story...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    "I had an open window, and I heard the whoop whoop - like that for a siren," said Roger Hertrick. "Then I heard this one real loud shot, and it was obviously a large caliber rifle or a shotgun. One or the other. Then a pause, then a rapid fire ofa bout five. So I figured that was the officer returning fire."

Suicide by cop?

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Where do you see the illegally ordering him to disarm...is there more to the story that you saw that I didnt? You get called 911 on near a school the cops are gonna come. You know what he was doing? Everyone saying sue.... The other story said a loud shot like a rifle... There is so much more to this story and everyone jumping to blame the cops... kinda hypocritical without knowing the whole story...

It's just what some people here do. In some cases, it's all they do.

sfehrman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2013
    Greenwood
    Based on the video and the reports by the ear witnesses (heard did not see it, I think I just made that up)
    I would say it was self defense by the cops. However there is not enough evidence being presented yet.
    We need the full story before we can say who was in the wrong.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus

My thoughts, exactly.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    My post was made before the second article and video was posted. In the first, it says verbal confrontation, and that the gun-toter did not aim or shoot the weapon according to the police spokesman. So that is why I made the comment I did, because the evidence at that time was what was posted in the first story. Not hypocritical when the police spokesman says that and I concede to his statements and not make up my own idea of what happened.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    There is a lot of inner angst on this forum. It seems anytime there is a guy walking around armed he is assumed to be in the right.

Not always the case folks. I do wish the media would show the times when it is the case though.

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    This assumes the individual who heard the report, knows the difference between a handgun and rifle report, accurately enough to determine which and from a distance. I could see people calling in MWAG (rifle), seeing the rifle, then hearing shots later on, then assuming "yep he shot at the police!" without actually seeing what they believe they saw. I forget what it's called but it's when witnesses 'fit' their observations into a particular story in order to rationally make sense in their minds. A lot like this picture below.

Honestly with all the anti-gun hysteria rampant in this country, literally founded upon armed men fighting a tyrannical government with firearms... I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case here.

funny-letters-numbers-brain-test.jpg

Attachments

• funny-letters-numbers-brain-test.jpg
      56.7 KB · Views: 35
    Last edited:

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    This assumes the individual who heard the report, knows the difference between a handgun and rifle report, accurately enough to determine which and from a distance. I could see people calling in MWAG (rifle), seeing the rifle, then hearing shots later on, then assuming "yep he shot at the police!" without actually seeing what they believe they saw. I forget what it's called but it's when witnesses 'fit' their observations into a particular story in order to rationally make sense in their minds. A lot like this picture below.

Honestly with all the anti-gun hysteria rampant in this country, literally founded upon armed men fighting a tyrannical government with firearms... I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case here.

Agreed. Police spokesman says they believe the subject did not even aim the rifle, let alone shoot it, but an ear witness says he fired on the cops.

Edit: Not to mention eyewitness' recollections are not real accurate, let alone ear witnesses

Top Bottom