• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So, VERY interesting encounter this morning.

Went to the Dunkin Donuts at 31 and Smith Valley Road. In front of me was a mom and about 5 kids ordering their food. A girl and her boyfriend came in behind me.

Short description: Girl was probably 18-19, around 5'4", wearing Hello Kitty pajama pants and some t-shirt. The boy was taller, maybe 6'0", buff, tattoos, and a tank top. He was more "orange" colored than tan.

The guy walks back to the restroom and the girl gets in line next to me. She looks down and says:

"Oh, so you're carrying a gun. Are you a cop?"
    "No."
    "Huh, so that's for your 'self protection' (she says this with finger-quotes and rolling her eyes) or some ****."
    "Yes."

Now she goes off into her rant...

"Look, no offense, but that's just retarded. Kids like grabbing guns, and one could just come up to you and take it."

My first mistake was responding, I think. Lesson learned... "Never happened."

"YEAH, well, not YET." she yells. Now she has the attention of the staff and the other customers. "I know what the 'rule' (2nd Amendment) says, and you shouldn't have that out of the house. I get it and everything, you can protect your house... but you can't have that out here, you don't need that. Someone's going to ..."

At this point she lunges her arm out at my gun, and I step to my left to avoid her.

"... Take it. See, I could have just taken it."

I'm now more defensive, and turning slightly where she's not on my right-hip.

"Well, my boyfriend could take it. And he'd beat the **** out of you, too."

Situation getting more hostile, but she backs off of that and goes back into her rant...

"That's just stupid. I bet THESE people (pointing to the mom and her kids in front of us) don't want you having that here... It's just stupid and dangerous like that. My dad is a lawyer and my family is mostly cops, so I know what I'm talking about."

It took everything to keep from laughing, but staying serious. I didn't talk much at all during this. Her boyfriend comes back from the bathroom and she says to him something about her cigarettes.

She turned back to me and says one more thing, "Well, you're gonna need that real soon when China comes to **** us up."

... Alright then.

Now I've ordered my drink and I'm standing aside waiting for it. She's pounding the counter and telling the staff to hurry it up, she's spilling the coffee they give her saying it doesn't have enough sugar, etc etc. Just completely unhinged. I meet eyes with some customers (now a line of 5) behind her and they're shaking their head.

I get my drink and walk out.

So, lessons to be learned from this encounter: Don't let someone that could possibly be bat**** crazy stand that close to me.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    There are some messed up people out there.
    Most likely that woman is on welfare,
    so she's got connections in the guvment, in addition to all the cops and lawyers she knows (probably very familiar with the inside of a police station too)...
    You were lucky you got away with just a scolding.

Jammer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I can see and accept the argument that some people will feel uncomfortable seeing an OC; maybe even threatened. But someone going bat-**** confrontational is a new one...and a concerning one. Another concern about people around you in public places to be aware of.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My guess is meth will take her out in a couple years/

That was my guess as well. Something's off with her.

As an aside: "My Dad's a lawyer....I know what I'm talking about." If I ever hear my kids saying something that dumb, it's smackin' time.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That was my guess as well. Something's off with her.

As an aside: "My Dad's a lawyer....I know what I'm talking about." If I ever hear my kids saying something that dumb, it's smackin' time.

Yeah, I didn't believe any of this crap. Seemed like a lie to make her sound more credible.

Her credibility was lost the second she trashed 2A and brought up the "kids" thing.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria

I docked you a tenth for having the boyfriend absent during the beratement. Overall, well done, sir.

Loved the visual of the Hello Kitty PJs. Nice touch. :)

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I've had a LOT of interactions with people from my OC over the years. I've got to say I've never had one react in that irrational of a way. Usually in my case, I'm able to steer the conversation to much more respectful and logical discussion. I would have enjoyed being there for that one.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've had a LOT of interactions with people from my OC over the years. I've got to say I've never had one react in that irrational of a way. Usually in my case, I'm able to steer the conversation to much more respectful and logical discussion. I would have enjoyed being there for that one.

Yeah, I've had some interactions, and I'd say most have been positive. This one was out of left field... quite literally. Adrenaline kicked in pretty quick there.

I judged her character as someone that wouldn't continue an action, and was just wanting to keep things verbal... so I didn't treat it as a self-defense situation that became overly hostile.

Top Bottom