• j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    She fell funny...

I noticed that she used her arm to help break her fall...or so it looked to me. Heck she nods her head after stepping down from the curb. She knew what was going to happen. You just never know what someone is thinking.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Wow! That's rough to watch. I feel bad for her family. What a terrible last image of your loved one! And no, I'm not condemning the police officers involved in this incident.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I noticed that she used her arm to help break her fall...or so it looked to me. Heck she nods her head after stepping down from the curb. She knew what was going to happen. You just never know what someone is thinking.

Luckily I've never seen anyone shot. It's definitely not like in the movies.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    Fake! She didn't fly 15 feet with body parts exploding. Maybe the JBTs were using 22s, even then though one shot and she should have went down.

Insert purple where needed.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Seems to me they (one of the 30 officers there) could have bean bagged her a$$) and she would have went down without a fight, don't really see the point of shooting her 40 times or continuing to fire as she is going down/is down...

Don't get me wrong, play stupid games/win stupid prizes. Sometimes you can't help but wonder if some of these guys get off on this stuff?!

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Seems to me they (one of the 30 officers there) could have bean bagged her a$$) and she would have went down without a fight, don't really see the point of shooting her 40 times or continuing to fire as she is going down/is down...

Don't get me wrong, play stupid games/win stupid prizes. Sometimes you can't help but wonder if some of these guys get off on this stuff?!

You don't use non-lethal means against someone with a gun.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Good shoot... they gave her all the leeway in the world and didn't shoot her until the muzzle of the toy gun was pointing dangerously close at the cop. I don't have audio on this computer, so I don't know how many gun shots were fired or if there were verbal instructions given, but it was obvious that she didn't get hit until she pointed the gun towards the officer.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    It's just too bad in situations like this when the gun ends up being a replica or toy. I know a lot of these look very realistic, though. Time permitting, do the police procedures call for use of aided vision (binoculars, rifle scope, etc.) to positively identify the gun as real? I know telephoto lenses foreshorten objects seen through them and it makes the officer behind the car door look like he's point blank on the woman as she pulls the toy gun, which makes it look like he's close enough to ID the gun as real or not. Did she paint it or remove the orange tip? Was it a BB or pellet gun?

EDIT: NOT BLAMING THE COPS HERE.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

You shoot until they are down. Anything less is risking your life and the life of those around you. Even a mortally wounded person can fire off shots before they die, and they do. Its not a game, and the stakes are high.

I don't know about there, but in most places only specialty units have bean bags, if anyone does. Riot control or SWAT may use them, but average street officers don't, and even those with the training and authorization to use them may not have them present during routine patrol.

This is, however, an example of why I tend to dismiss the "number of shots to stop" statistics that float around routinely. There is approximately 3 seconds of gun fire. I don't know how many officers fire or how many times she is struck. How do you determine which round "stopped" her?

^^^^^^^^^^^^

She never aimed her gun at the police that I could see, but it would seem proper to have shot her as soon as she pulled that gun out from under her jacket (man walks by in front of camera right when she reveals it).

She's bringing it on line with them just before they shoot her. Its unreasonable to wait until its actually pointing at you when the person is obviously swinging it toward you or someone else. As far as shooting her as soon as she pulled it out, the situation would dictate. Is she making threats, was she previously violent, is she talking to demons around her about having to end it all, etc. The officers shown restraint and waited for the situation to develop one way or the other at that point.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

She never aimed her gun at the police that I could see, but it would seem proper to have shot her as soon as she pulled that gun out from under her jacket (man walks by in front of camera right when she reveals it).

Right before she got shot, the toy gun muzzle was pointing towards the cops.

Top Bottom