• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    ... but Indiana residents can't currently apply for Illinois CCW, right? I don't believe Indiana has been ruled by the Illinois State Police to have similar enough laws to allow its residents to get Illinois non-resident permits.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    ... but Indiana residents can't currently apply for Illinois CCW, right? I don't believe Indiana has been ruled by the Illinois State Police to have similar enough laws to allow its residents to get Illinois non-resident permits.

Currently, that is correct, but it will change; however, it is anybody's guess how soon. There is a group in the IL State Police working on this issue, but, right now, the IL State Police has its hands overfull with the tsunami of CCL applications from IL residents. I am in touch with some good people at the IL State Police on a fairly regular basis and am helping every way I can to expedite the process of getting Indiana approved.

Regardless, the training is still required, and those that want to be ready when Indiana is approved can do the training, now, in Indiana. We are ready for just such folks!

foxxie02

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    May 23, 2008
    you can however still have loaded firearm in your car in illinois if you have ltch from indiana. section 40 or 41 of new cc law in illinois. just do not take out of car unloaded in illinois.

Top Bottom