Movie Theater Confrtontation => May have had a Prequil?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    A lady has come forward stating that this same guy (former Tampa LEO, retired) may have confronted her about texting prior to a movie she was at two (2) weeks prior! Sounds like this guy had some major personal issues regarding the issues of self-control and/or the forcable 'control' of others!

Movie-theater texting confrontation may have had prequel - U.S. News

Which begs another question...how do you respond to a guy like that in a crowded theater? If you draw first...with the mentality of many of today's people, you could find yourself in a lot of trouble very quickly!

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Every single movie I have gone to in the last year, with the exception of one where we were the only patrons, had someone (and often more than one) texting. I've complained to management before and it has done no good. It's part of the reason we don't go to many movies anymore.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I've been to crowded theaters and sparce theaters...and have never had an issue with people texting. As long as they're not doing it during the movie and not being loud about it! Mainly because I don't let it get to me!

From what it sounds like, both of the issues this guy had was with people who were texting during the advertisements and movie trailers, all of which takes place before the actual movie got started! During the movie, people SHOULD be quiet and respectful of others around them, but during the trailers, that wouldn't bother me at all!

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I've been to crowded theaters and sparce theaters...and have never had an issue with people texting. As long as they're not doing it during the movie and not being loud about it! Mainly because I don't let it get to me!
    h takes place before the actual movie got started! During the movie, people SHOULD be quiet and respectful of others around them, but during the trailers, that wouldn't bother me at all!

I'm talking about during the movie. And it's pretty distracting to have someone's screen light up in front of you, especially when the scene in the movie is a darker one.

*shrug* If the movie theater doesn't want my business that's fine by me, and I've come to expect fairly rude behavior out of a segment of the general public.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I'm talking about during the movie. And it's pretty distracting to have someone's screen light up in front of you, especially when the scene in the movie is a darker one.

I agree...during a movie, people should be respectful and keep their phones closed/off/quiet/etc. I have 2 brothers who are physician's and I know they've had to take calls during a movie...but they tend to sit by an exit so they can leave and return with minimal interference to others.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    People are inconsiderate asshats. Everywhere you go all they do is think about themselves. How dare someone tell them to stop texting, talking loudly, etc. etc. It's their God given American right to be an *********...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

*shrug* If the movie theater doesn't want my business that's fine by me, and I've come to expect fairly rude behavior out of a segment of the general public.

A large segment.
    My son asked a group that sat down right in front of us a while back to please turn off the phones as they were all yacking on them telling friends about the movie. They responded in a thug like manner. My son just said "we will take this up later"
    When we were walking out they were waiting outside. I was with my wife, G-daughter and my 30 year old son. Sent the wife and girl ahead and we had a little discussion with these A$$ hats. 4 to 1 odds and they were backing up the entire conversation. They figured we would cut and run with the odds but no, not our style. Once they saw we were not scared they ran their mouths going back wards. No punches exchanged only verbal.
    We were both armed but never let anyone know.
    The inconsiderate segment you speak of sucks. They are with out honor. They are without manners. They SUCK.

When the movie starts, shut off the phones. Just do it please.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A lady has come forward stating that this same guy (former Tampa LEO, retired) may have confronted her about texting prior to a movie she was at two (2) weeks prior! Sounds like this guy had some major personal issues regarding the issues of self-control and/or the forcable 'control' of others!

Movie-theater texting confrontation may have had prequel - U.S. News

Which begs another question...how do you respond to a guy like that in a crowded theater? If you draw first...with the mentality of many of today's people, you could find yourself in a lot of trouble very quickly!

If this is true he is in very deep :poop:

tobi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    I would leave before it ever got to that point. Would you really let an arguement over texting in a theater escalate into something where you would consider drawing your weapon?? Maybe we do need classes before getting an LTCH. I believe a person with LTCH has to hold himself to a higher level of responsibility than the average person.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    A large segment.
    My son asked a group that sat down right in front of us a while back to please turn off the phones as they were all yacking on them telling friends about the movie. They responded in a thug like manner. My son just said "we will take this up later"
    When we were walking out they were waiting outside. I was with my wife, G-daughter and my 30 year old son. Sent the wife and girl ahead and we had a little discussion with these A$$ hats. 4 to 1 odds and they were backing up the entire conversation. They figured we would cut and run with the odds but no, not our style. Once they saw we were not scared they ran their mouths going back wards. No punches exchanged only verbal.
    The inconsiderate segment you speak of sucks. They are with out honor. They are without manners. They SUCK.

So your son started a confrontation and both of you then followed through with continuing the confrontation? You do realize that had the situation escalated and you used your firearms that would be a felony right? Know the laws and grow up, sounded like a good way to endanger your entire family! Those punks could have just as easily flanked you out in the parking lot, grow up man!

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I would leave before it ever got to that point. Would you really let an arguement over texting in a theater escalate into something where you would consider drawing your weapon?? Maybe we do need classes before getting an LTCH. I believe a person with LTCH has to hold himself to a higher level of responsibility than the average person.

Maybe you do, I do not.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    We never get to a movie on time.
    I usually show up right before the feature starts.
    So, yeah, I would've missed it.

In this case, you would've missed the movie as well.
    I wonder if the theater offered the ticket price back, or complimentary tickets to a future showing.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    So your son started a confrontation and both of you then followed through with continuing the confrontation? You do realize that had the situation escalated and you used your firearms that would be a felony right? Know the laws and grow up, sounded like a good way to endanger your entire family! Those punks could have just as easily flanked you out in the parking lot, grow up man!

Kind of sounds like they did flank them, they were waiting for them. So, he escalated this situation?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I believe a person with LTCH has to hold himself to a higher level of responsibility than the average person.

Personal responsibility is personal responsibility, armed or not.

I can kill you with my bare hands.
    It's just easier, and safer for me to use a tool.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Kind of sounds like they did flank them, they were waiting for them. So, he escalated this situation?

Did you not read what he said? Yes his son followed again by himself and his son again escalated the situation, hell his son MADE the situation, starting a confrontation against four guys while with your family equals fail...

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    A large segment.

Quoted once again since no one can figure out the problem...

Top Bottom