• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drew89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Indy, IN
    I live in the Castleton area of Indianapolis and just applied for my LTCH, but for the life of me, I can't seem to find my local police station. It looks like the closest one I can find is down near Keystone and 30th, and I'm not sure if they do fingerprinting. Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but where can I go to get my fingerprinting done?

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I live in the Castleton area of Indianapolis and just applied for my LTCH, but for the life of me, I can't seem to find my local police station. It looks like the closest one I can find is down near Keystone and 30th, and I'm not sure if they do fingerprinting. Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but where can I go to get my fingerprinting done?

Did you not set that up online ? You need to make an appointment with MorphoTrust to get your prints done. Google them and you'll find all of their locations.

BTW, if you live in Marion County, your local police station is IMPD downtown.

Drew89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Indy, IN
    I saw the L1 Identity Solutions option for if you wanted to pay more and expedite the service, but figured I'd just go to a station to get it done. Is it worth paying the extra $10 to go through L1?

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    I saw the L1 Identity Solutions option for if you wanted to pay more and expedite the service, but figured I'd just go to a station to get it done. Is it worth paying the extra $10 to go through L1?

Yes, much faster by sometimes months.

Drew89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Indy, IN
    Gotcha. Just made my appointment with L1. After doing some more digging online it looks like I still have to go to my local PD to file everything after I get fingerprinted, so I'm assuming that means IMPD downtown as Lectric102002 said. Is that right?

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Gotcha. Just made my appointment with L1. After doing some more digging online it looks like I still have to go to my local PD to file everything after I get fingerprinted, so I'm assuming that means IMPD downtown as Lectric102002 said. Is that right?

If you are in Marion County, yes.

Drew89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Indy, IN
    Got my fingerprints done, I've got all my info now. Last question, is the the downtown station the one on West Jackson?

Drew89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Indy, IN
    FWIW, and so that I might help someone in the future not make the same mistakes I did, the station downtown stops fingerprinting at 4PM. Even though I had my fingerprints done through L1, they still need to take a thumb print, which I was unaware of. I left work early to get downtown at a reasonable time. After parking, getting through security, and finding the office in the building, it was 4:03. They don't budge on that 4 o'clock thing.:(

Guess I'll be doing it all again tomorrow.

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    If you live in Marion Co and have to go downtown to play local fees to IMPD, my suggestion is you schedule your fingerprints with MORPHO at ISP headquarters just down the street. Dedicate 2 hours of your day and be done.

Drew89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Indy, IN
    That probably would have made the most sense. I guess overall it was a bit of a learning experience. Hopefully, as I said, someone else can learn from my mistakes.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    warsaw
    I was able to get mine done here at the Warsaw pd, but now they are making everybody go through morpho-trust. I think its crazy. The people who did it up here for morpho-trust were clueless.

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    That probably would have made the most sense. I guess overall it was a bit of a learning experience. Hopefully, as I said, someone else can learn from my mistakes.

That's what it's all about.

And no matter what anyone tells you, you cannot pay the local dues at the nearest Police Department branch. The girl who took our fingerprints at ISP told us we could, so I didn't do it all in one day downtown. I decided to make a call beforehand to be sure, and I was directed in the right direction. Wasted my time on the advice of someone uneducated.

Drew89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Indy, IN
    That's what it's all about.

And no matter what anyone tells you, you cannot pay the local dues at the nearest Police Department branch. The girl who took our fingerprints at ISP told us we could, so I didn't do it all in one day downtown. I decided to make a call beforehand to be sure, and I was directed in the right direction. Wasted my time on the advice of someone uneducated.

Which is why I am glad I asked here. I had originally planned on taking care of everything at the police department. I probably should have been more proactive and called ahead to the downtown station, but again, lesson learned. I was actually sort of surprised at the lack of information provided through the ISP website as far as details such as this.

Top Bottom