• ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    March 1, 2014, ASSOCIATED PRESS:
    BEIJING -- Knife-wielding assailants attacked people at a train station in southwestern China on Saturday in what authorities called a terrorist attack and police fatally shot five of the assailants, leaving 28 people dead and 113 injured, state media said.

Knife-wielding men attack Chinese train station, leaving 28 dead and 113 injured: Xinhua | CTV News

China: Train station attack by group of knife-wielding assailants considered act of terrorism | abc7news.com

9450195_448x252.jpg

There was a similar knife massacre last year:
    June 2013: Report: 36 killed after knife gang attacks China police station - World News

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Scary stuff. At most I carry 14 rounds of 9mm for my Ruger LC9. A large knife wielding gang can overwhelm a lone gunman in close quarters. Hopefully there would be a few citizens packing heat nearby. Thankfully, here in Indiana, there's a good chance that there actually would be a few. China? Obviously not.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Scary stuff. At most I carry 14 rounds of 9mm for my Ruger LC9. A large knife wielding gang can overwhelm a lone gunman in close quarters. Hopefully there would be a few citizens packing heat nearby. Thankfully, here in Indiana, there's a good chance that there actually would be a few. China? Obviously not.

Yes.
    But they also expect people to not fight back.
    Sometimes an aggressive response will then put them on the unexpected defense.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Don't worry, no members of the Chinese ruling party were harmed. Had one of the ruling party members been present, there would have been plenty of guns to protect them, so this is a non-event to the ruling class.

Interpon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    western region of Xinjiang, home to a simmering rebellion against Chinese rule among parts of the Muslim Uighur (pronounced WEE'-gur) population.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    2 days after Newtown, 22 kids were slashed with a knife in a school in China. A news anchor kept saying that nobody was killed because it was ONLY A KNIFE!!. I'd like to remember who that was and hear what they have to say now.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This can't be so! Everyone knows that it's impossible to commit mass murder without an assault weapon with a high capacity caliber clip magazine!

You can't kill a bunch of people with knives! And, if you can, they aren't nearly as dead as they would be if they'd been shot by assault weapons with a high capacity caliber clip magazine!

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    I really tire of this kind of sarcasm. Twenty nine people are dead, over one hundred are injured, and we sit here making wise cracks aimed at the antis. Pretty sad.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This can't be so! Everyone knows that it's impossible to commit mass murder without an assault weapon with a high capacity caliber clip magazine!

You can't kill a bunch of people with knives! And, if you can, they aren't nearly as dead as they would be if they'd been shot by assault weapons with a high capacity caliber clip magazine!

Exactly. These people who believe such nonsense need to sit in on Sunday School with a certain youth minister of my acquaintance. His basic treatment of the Romans and giving the kids a feel for what they were like came down to describing them as being good at killing people (hence the fear and ill will associated with them). Yes, they were very good at killing people AND DID NOT HAVE FIREARMS OF ANY DESCRIPTION! How in the universe is that possible?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I really tire of this kind of sarcasm. Twenty nine people are dead, over one hundred are injured, and we sit here making wise cracks aimed at the antis. Pretty sad.

OK, you can throw bricks at us. I fully expect you to stand up in righteous indignation the next time we have an incident that the leftists gleefully dance in innocent blood to make political mileage.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    OK, you can throw bricks at us. I fully expect you to stand up in righteous indignation the next time we have an incident that the leftists gleefully dance in innocent blood to make political mileage.

So our best stratagy is to lower ourselves to their level? Ain't going to do it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Ix-nay on the oting-quay! Think of my poor IGNORE list filter!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    These incidents are par for the course in China. Usually it involves some mentally-ill person attacking school kids, or a patient's family attacking the doctor who treated him or her.

In the past the Uighurs have used bombs, at least in Xinjiang. Not sure why they chose Kunming/Yunnan this time.

This will doubtless bring about a 'Strike Hard' campaign by the People's Armed Police, and swift executions of the guilty. And you can bet the arrestees won't be on the cover of the Chinese edition of "Rolling Stone", nor will anyone be blaming it on a video, etc.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

We had a policy in my unit that if we closed with the opposition within 10 feet, we dropped firearms (single point or multi point slings) and went to steel. I carried five knives. One of my guys carried a tomahawk and had to use it on a Taliban. Cut him from shoulder to stomach. Scared the crap out the others.

Top Bottom