• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Yup. Minding my own business. Before the recording all that happened was he asked me if I was the police. I said no he said why are you carrying like that. I said because im lawfilly carrying. Then u see the video. The guy in civilians is an off duty isp with a squad car I motioned for him to come over, he obviously was no help. I was in a hurry thats why I didn't go very far with the laws etc. Reason why I said please dont shoot me is he flagged me while forcefully taking my handgun from me. Sooo here we go.

On a better note I won $100 on a scratch off right before this.

[video=youtube_share;izrciP-UfCM]http://youtu.be/izrciP-UfCM[/video]

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    That LEO needs a remedial Indiana handgun law course. A clear violation of the OP's civil rights. I would definitely be contacting a lawyer.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    1) If you haven't already contacted Hobart PD, why not?

2) Why wasn't the LEO Corporal's name and badge number posted with this clip?

3) If you have not already contacted a lawyer (at least left a message), why not?

4) Why are you carrying 'old' ammo in a handgun obviously intended for defensive use?

5) Why didn't you 'upright' the video prior to posting? :lmfao:

If you've not taken those steps (at least 1 - 3), why post it here?

Just asking, rhetorically.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I think a visit to the Hobart chief is in your near future along with a friendly lawyer. Or perhaps the Hobart chief may receive a court document int he mail....Mmmmmmm

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    1) If you haven't already contacted Hobart PD, why not?

2) Why wasn't the LEO Corporal's name and badge number posted with this clip?

3) If you have not already contacted a lawyer (at least left a message), why not?

4) Why are you carrying 'old' ammo in a handgun obviously intended for defensive use?

5) Why didn't you 'upright' the video prior to posting? :lmfao:

If you've not taken those steps (at least 1 - 3), why post it here?

Just asking, rhetorically.

Calling hpd tomorrow. Lawyer, why spend the money? Literally asking why im curious. I said that ammo thing sarcastically it wasnt really old ammo lol.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Calling hpd tomorrow. Lawyer, why spend the money? Literally asking why im curious. I said that ammo thing sarcastically it wasnt really old ammo lol.

Any number of ambulance chasers would jump at the opportunity to get some of that pain and suffering monies...

Good news is you generally don't pay them till you get a settlement or win.

Can't say for sure, but you're so shaken up it could take years until you can work again.

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I started a thread asking this very same question of LEO's and dispatchers a while back... So it's inconvenient for LEO's to have to respond to MWAG calls because citizens of Indiana are acting within the law? Well maybe it's time to look at how MWAG calls are handled rather than misleading citizens about their rights in this state.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

I think there are any number of lawyers who would take this case up for their share of a settlement (and there should be a settlement here). Think of it as a tax refund.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    In my thinking, reaching for another's gun--whether it's a cop doing it or not--just has to be inherently a very dangerous thing to do. I would have to think that there are many more ways of it ending badly than of things turning out A-OK. Looks like this guy in particular didn't learn a whole hell of a lot in his 23 years. I heartily recommend the OP take this opportunity to encourage this sorry example of Hobart's finest in learning the laws he is supposed to be enforcing.

And since the video clearly shows violations of rights, it just might be worth pursuing in court as well.

Oh, and congrats to the OP for not losing your temper in this case. I am not sure I'd have kept mine as of the moment he reached for the gun. I am, however pretty sure that things ended better for you than they would have for me and my temper--contempt of cop is so VERY hard to disprove, once the creative charges are applied...

No matter how you pursue this one, OP, I wish you good luck!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I started a thread asking this very same question of LEO's and dispatchers a while back... So it's inconvenient for LEO's to have to respond to MWAG calls because citizens of Indiana are acting within the law? Well maybe it's time to look at how MWAG calls are handled rather than misleading citizens about their rights in this state.

I wonder if dispatchers will send a patrol car if you call 911 to report other legal things (like a woman driving a car).Will they show up to check that woman has a proper valid DL or will they tell the person calling 911 that it's legal for women to drive. :dunno:

And Im wondering why the LEO unloaded the gun. :scratch:
    Since he checked the validity of the OP's licence why was he still concerned about leaving him a loaded gun? :dunno:

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I wonder if dispatchers will send a patrol car if you call 911 to report other legal things (like a woman driving a car).Will they show up to check that woman has a proper valid DL or will they tell the person calling 911 that it's legal for women to drive.

Well, while he was at it, he did ask for Dansgotfelonies's DL, even though he had already provided his military ID. Ya know, just to make sure he didn't miss another (un-arrestable) crime.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Well, that was interesting. I'll just get some popcorn and have a seat over here.

By the way, good job to the OP for being calm about it all.

Top Bottom