• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    I understand that the new Illinois Concealed Carry Law allows me, as a valid Indiana LTCH holder, to have my firearm concealed in my car and to keep it locked in my car etc.---

My question is about Cook County, and Chicago. If my magazine exceeds 10 rds is it still legal to possess if I'm just passing thru?

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Yes, you are legal, though this is not legal advice. The CCW law took laws regarding carry firearms away from the municipalities and made it state-preempted.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Not a lawyer, but I think you should be okay. IL does not require you to inform an officer that you are carrying. Drive very carefully, and if you get pulled over keep quiet.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Not a lawyer, but I think you should be okay. IL does not require you to inform an officer that you are carrying. Drive very carefully, and if you get pulled over keep quiet.

If they ask you have to tell them, though.

If an officer of a law enforcement agency initiates an investigative stop, including but not limited to a traffic stop, of a licensee or a non-resident carrying a concealed firearm under subsection (e) of Section 40 of this Act, upon the request of the officer the licensee or non-resident shall disclose to the officer that he or she is in possession of a concealed firearm under this Act, present the license upon the request of the officer if he or she is a licensee or present upon the request of the officer evidence under paragraph (2) of subsection (e) of Section 40 of this Act that he or she is a non-resident qualified to carry under that subsection, and identify the location of the concealed firearm. During a traffic stop, any passenger within the vehicle who is a licensee or a non-resident carrying under subsection (e) of Section 40 of this Act must comply with the requirements of this subsection (h).

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I understand that the new Illinois Concealed Carry Law allows me, as a valid Indiana LTCH holder, to have my firearm concealed in my car and to keep it locked in my car etc.---

My question is about Cook County, and Chicago. If my magazine exceeds 10 rds is it still legal to possess if I'm just passing thru?
    There isnt a law in Illinois that llimits any magazine round count UNLESS you are hunting then its 3 shells in a shotgun(shotgun magazine plugged to hold 2 rounds). You DO NOT have to conceal your handgun in your car while passing thru. Your gun just cannot leave your vehicle if you exit it in the state of ILLINOIS as a IN resident with a LTCH.

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    I can't seem to find the exact legislation which allows IN residents with their LTCH to transport a loaded firearm in their car. I would like to print it and have it in my vehicle because I have regular business in Lansing.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    When I drive to Wisconsin, I made sure there is no reason to stop in Illinois. I usually fill up the tank in northern Indiana as well as take care of other needs enough to get me to the Cheese Palace in Wisconsin where I always spend money.

swany11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    When I drive to Wisconsin, I made sure there is no reason to stop in Illinois. I usually fill up the tank in northern Indiana as well as take care of other needs enough to get me to the Cheese Palace in Wisconsin where I always spend money.
    Mars Cheese Castle. Heaven.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I read about our "right" to carry in Illinois, as of July 1st, 2013, on the Ill State Police website under FAQ. I also called the number and talked to a lady who answered. I asked, "Can I even legally carry while driving within the city limits of Chicago?" She said yes I could.

Top Bottom