Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Grandmaster LockStocksAndBarrel's Avatar

User Info Menu

CPRC/John Lott publishes new "concealed Carry Permit Holders Across the USA"

Indiana is one of 3 states with over 10% of the population having "permits". We are actually second on that list. Way to go HOOSIERS!

"The report also examines the violent crime rate in relation to the rising percentage of the adult population with concealed carry permits. Between 2007 and the preliminary estimates for 2013, murder rates have fallen from 5.6 to 4.4 per 100,000 – a 22 percent drop in the murder rate at the same time that the percentage of the adult population with permits soared by 130 percent. Overall violent crime also fell by 22 percent over that period of time"

CPRC Link New Report from Crime Prevention Research Center shows 11.1 million Americans Hold Concealed Carry Permits - Crime Prevention Research Center

Ammo Land story: New Report Shows 11.1 million Americans Hold Concealed Carry Permits
    Last edited by LockStocksAndBarrel; 07-10-2014 at 09:50.
    God bless America!

Practicing traditional carry.

Originally Posted by
    eric001YUP! It's the difference between using purple and being purple...

User Info Menu

Florida and Utah are included.

I hold a Florida license and I have never stepped on Florida soil. I imagine that there are a good number of Utah licensees in similar circumstances.
    I was gambling in Havana, I took a little risk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    Florida and Utah are included.

I hold a Florida license and I have never stepped on Florida soil. I imagine that there are a good number of Utah licensees in similar circumstances.

I have carried in Florida. Those Hawaiian shirts are great for conceal carry.
    “We must hang together, gentlemen…else, we shall most assuredly hang separately.” – Benjamin Franklin

User Info Menu

for Utah, the study said they only included Utah resident permits. Florida may have nonresidents in their number.

User Info Menu

There is a ton of people in Florida who have a permit but most of them don't carry.

Way to go Indiana.
    I just don't feel safe in gun free zones...

User Info Menu

Kirk, did you opt-out of the FL public database by mentioning your time as a prosecutor? My time was l o n g before I first picked up the FL license, but I did.

Still miss my Hoosier pink slip from the mid-80s . . .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    I have never stepped on Florida soil.
    No reason to, it is just a bunch of sand, Ugly trees and old people who can`t drive
    The list of people that hate me is short but distinguished

User Info Menu

Kirk, did you opt-out of the FL public database by mentioning your time as a prosecutor? My time was l o n g before I first picked up the FL license, but I did.
    No, I list my residence and residential phone number in the phonebook.
    I was gambling in Havana, I took a little risk

Grandmaster LockStocksAndBarrel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Lott has just published another study PDF HERE.

The study has Indiana ranked 6th in total "permits" issued and as a percentage of the adult population with "permits", we're 3rd at 11.62%, behind Alabama (12.64%) and South Dakota (12.30%).

Way to go Hoosiers!
    God bless America!

Practicing traditional carry.

Originally Posted by
    eric001YUP! It's the difference between using purple and being purple...

User Info Menu

Sons of the American Revolution . . . .We're still here

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast