• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    It's a City park.

concealed carry is OK. If you're OCing - you'll be asked to leave. (Per the big sign on the west gate where we entered yesterday - a rule of the Feast, the leaser of the property for the event, can set their own rules)

Besides myself, I only spotted one guy also carrying. BUT - the weather was borderline miserable. Lots of outer wear to hide things.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    It's a City park.

concealed carry is OK. If you're OCing - you'll be asked to leave. (Per the big sign on the west gate where we entered yesterday - a rule of the Feast, the leaser of the property for the event, can set their own rules)

Besides myself, I only spotted one guy also carrying. BUT - the weather was borderline miserable. Lots of outer wear to hide things.

Thank you.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    It's October in Tippecanoe county.
    There are 2 things you can count on.

The Feast of the Hunter's Moon, and it being a sloppy-muddy mess.
    It happens every year now.
    Between the mud, and the traffic, I haven't been to the feast in more 20 years.
    Entirely too many people in a small area. Many of them rude and obnoxious.

The vendors and re-enactors do a tremendous job of re-creating the old French out-post.
    I just can't stand the crowds anymore, and the traffic is just plain ridiculous.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'll never forget taking an ex there many moons ago. She was really into it, and I was meh.

Her favorite song was "Rocket Man" by Elton John. THis was the year that the new radio station up there "the rocket" was about to go live the next day and so they were playing the same song over and over with an announcement in between advertising that they were going live the next day. We were scanning for channels and we stumbled onto it. I had to listen to "rocket man" over and over on the drive home. To this day I cant stand to listen to it.

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    I went..first time in 3 years...I thought there were a lot of missing vendors....I sloppy CC'd...carried my fill size 1911 in a OWB holster but had a jacket. Jacket was short so if you looked you could see the last inch or two of the holster/muzzle sticking out from the bottom of my jacket.
    I took a friend who has never been..he enjoyed it so I sort of enjoyed watching him get into it.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I have OC'd there every time I go and have never been asked to leave.........as long as it has a flintlock on the side of it.:laugh:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I have OC'd there every time I go and have never been asked to leave.........as long as it has a flintlock on the side of it.:laugh:

Perhaps I should amend my previous post: Open carry of modern weapons is frowned upon. :D

Boy I sure wish the weather would've been better. Would've loved to have seen more fife & drum corps.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    What is damn scary is the number of people that I have ran into at events, such as this, who think flintlock weapons are not "real" weapons or not lethal because they are "old".:ugh:
    What do they think wars were fought with for 250+ years?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What is damn scary is the number of people that I have ran into at events, such as this, who think flintlock weapons are not "real" weapons or not lethal because they are "old".:ugh:
    What do they think wars were fought with for 250+ years?

I think the assumption at one of these events is that it will either be unloaded, or only loaded with powder so that it makes noise as a "realistic prop" that is part of the costume.

huntsville

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I went last year and it was decent weather. We went on Sunday 2014 and it wasn't that muddy. We (wife and two daughters) all enjoyed it. I CC'd my LCP no problem. I saw a really cool blunderbuss there! Wife took a photo of me and my oldest holding it! :)

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    How about a modern rifle disguised as a flint lock? Just sayin! :)

Regardless, wish I could have taken my daughter this year. It was a 4th grade tradition growing up to take the class there as back then we studied Indiana History....not what ISTEP said was going to be tested this year. :( I'll try to get there next year with her.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    have fun.... i havent been in ten years, when i was a kid...but i still remember the cannon fire, as well as the dope azz pork chops.....it was always a good time

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    have fun.... i havent been in ten years, when i was a kid...but i still remember the cannon fire, as well as the dope azz pork chops.....it was always a good time

Did you dig this thread up for that bump?

Keep working for that 50 quality posts....

Top Bottom