• ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Heading to SC this week with my wife. I was driving in the NC mountains and driving way faster than I should have been as I was attempting to stay clear of the crazy trucks drivers. I was stopped by a NC state trooper. I informed him that I was armed. I did not know if NC was a must inform state and I had my Glock 23 in the console with my wallet. He asked for my usual document's. He returned to his car and after about 10 mins came back up to us and gave me a written warning for 81 /60. No running my gun numbers, no Taser, no boots to the head, no nothing. I know that is hard to believe for some but all cops are not that bad.

FWIW I deserved a ticket and would have taken one with not a word. It does help when you the driver are not a jerk towards a guy trying to do his job.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I was very embarrassed and kind of nervous. And of course my passengers was sure loving it all.

SpiritClump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2015
    Middlebury
    Geez man that's some good luck. I've never gotten a ticket, but every time I have gotten pulled over, which is only twice, I've gotten written warnings. But at the same time I was only going 5 over.

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    I got a written warning for disregarding a stop sign out in the country in Bartholomew county by a state trooper about 3 years ago. And one in Illinois in 2000 for 55 in a 50 by a state trooper. The IN trooper was nice, but the IL trooper kept me on the side of the road for half hour or so while he searched my truck and camper.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I was driving in the NC mountains and driving way faster than I should have been as I was attempting to stay clear of the crazy trucks drivers.

I hear this nearly every day across the desk. Have to ask, so, why didn't you just SLOW DOWN and let the trucks get in front of you OR pull off for a pee and coffee?

It's always some other guy.:D:D:D

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I hear this nearly every day across the desk. Have to ask, so, why didn't you just SLOW DOWN and let the trucks get in front of you OR pull off for a pee and coffee?

It's always some other guy.:D:D:D

I guess I had places to be and things to do. I have to say that if i ever see any trucker doing what these guys were doing a ticket would be the least of their problems. They would be going to jail. I had some of them running 10 feet from my bumper at times.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Heading to SC this week with my wife. I was driving in the NC mountains and driving way faster than I should have been as I was attempting to stay clear of the crazy trucks drivers. I was stopped by a NC state trooper. I informed him that I was armed. I did not know if NC was a must inform state and I had my Glock 23 in the console with my wallet. He asked for my usual document's. He returned to his car and after about 10 mins came back up to us and gave me a written warning for 81 /60. No running my gun numbers, no Taser, no boots to the head, no nothing. I know that is hard to believe for some but all cops are not that bad.

FWIW I deserved a ticket and would have taken one with not a word. It does help when you the driver are not a jerk towards a guy trying to do his job.

Aren't you a police officer as well? :)

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Some of you guys have been stopped 5 mph over? Geez. That's not worth the effort.

Yea I agree. 5 mph is probably with in the margin of error for non certified speedometers. I write about two utt's a year and never even look at something less than 15 or 20 over.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I guess I had places to be and things to do

Yup, I hear that all day.:D

"So, why not just slow down?"
    *crickets*
    "You know, just drive 10 under or turn off and get a root beer?"
    *more crickets*

No one ever slows down or pulls off. Everyone wants to play Tony Stewart.

Well, glad you did not get a ticket. Next time, don't wrestle with the pig, you both get dirty and the pig likes it. Slow down. Get a root beer. A root beer is more enjoyable than talking to the cops.

I had some of them running 10 feet from my bumper at times.

And so for the safety of yourself and the others in the car you . . . slowed down and then turned off at a rest stop or gas station.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Yes and that sure helped without a doubt. But not getting wrote is about 80% the attitude you have i think.

Just curious. Since SC doesn't honor the IN LTCH, once you arrive in SC, do you lock it up? Or do LEOs get a free pass when it comes to out of state carry (officially or just professional courtesy)?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Just curious. Since SC doesn't honor the IN LTCH, once you arrive in SC, do you lock it up? Or do LEOs get a free pass when it comes to out of state carry (officially or just professional courtesy)?

Federal law allows us to carry in any state, but still must abide by local laws about magazine capacity, ammo restrictions, off limits businesses, etc. LEOSA.

Top Bottom