Good gun for wife to carry both purse and on person.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWoodlee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2015
    Southside Indy
    We are looking for any suggestions that others have had that is easy to shoot, comfortable to carry, but effective. She has a 9mm now but it is too big to carry.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    Makarov in 9x18? All steel but very easy to shoot, relatively low recoil. Standard 9mm(9x19) ammo is often slightly less expensive.

Most importantly, try to rent/use different guns to find what fits her hand the best.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    We are looking for any suggestions that others have had that is easy to shoot, comfortable to carry, but effective. She has a 9mm now but it is too big to carry.

When you say it is too big to carry, does that refer to on person carry or purse carry or both? For reference for us, what does she have now that she finds to be too big?

Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    I have the Walter CCP I have had no problems with mine it has a lighter recoil and is easy to rack the slide. Cleaning is somewhat a problem until you get use to it. It is always a good idea to clean before testing the pistol. JMO

Sonney

mcjon77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    What kind of 9mm does she have (to get an idea of what is too big for her to carry now)?

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Tell her not to carry a gun in her purse.

Mine carries a Glock 19. Never understood the "too big" argument. She has never once said it was too big. Come to think of it, no woman has ever said that to me.

Jagunn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 24, 2014
    Brownsburg
    Glock 42 is what my wife carries. She has a shield 9mm as well, we tried the s&w airweight revolver. Recoil on 38 airweight revolver was as bad as my 4inch 357 magnum.

Top Bottom