• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The owner of the Nicholasville Waffle House made this statement, “For many years we have had a “No Firearms” police in place in our restaurants. We continue to believe this is the best police for the safety of our customers and associates.”

Gun free zones certainly have an excellent record of safeguarding the public.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'll never eat at Waffle House again .....

And I'll never start. :):

OK, so I used to eat at the ones in town as a kid... not the greasy little yellow ones by the highways, but the bigger ones in town. Although once those closed, I havent been to the other types.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Vote with your wallet. Avoid gun free businesses. That is your right just as they can say leave it outside to be stolen from your car.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    What about the business's that just don't allow open carry and could
    care less about concealed carry.
    Company's like Starbucks, Wendy’s, Applebees, Jack in the Box, Chipotle,
    Chili's Grill & Bar and Sonic most don't have a problem with concealed carry, most but not all.
    But with the open carry crowd forcing the topic now the company's have to state a decision.

Not a argument starting here,, just a question.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Vote with your wallet. Avoid gun free businesses. That is your right just as they can say leave it outside to be stolen from your car.

Just thinking out loud here... (well, virtually :D ) But if you never go in, how do they know you're avoiding their business because of their policy? You could hand them those "No Guns, No $$$'s" cards, I suppose. But just avoiding them seems to only prove to them their policy must be working. Even though the number of people carrying firearms has increased substantially over the last few years, I don't know that a simple boycott would have any effect.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Chili's Grill & Bar and Sonic most don't have a problem with concealed carry, most but not all.
    But with the open carry crowd forcing the topic now the company's have to state a decision.

I have to CC because of my job, so I CC all the time. I don't have a problem with people that prefer to OC, but when you get confronted and ask to leave it is part of the price you pay for your carry method.

I can enjoy my meals, coffee, movies and so on, all while continuing to carry my firearm for my safety. The restaurants can choose who they ask to leave and I can choose what business I wish to support.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    200   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A

This is how I roll. They will never know, but if enough people avoid them, they may start to wonder why............or sadly probably just close the store and have more un-employed people.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Cover it up if you choose.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

Remember how everyone was lambasting Texas Open Carry, saying they were doing more harm than good? Finally, open carry is coming to Texas. You gotta fight for your right to carry (homage to the Beastie Boys there). I won't cover it up if I can go somewhere else, especially if it gives me an opportunity to make a point with those who enforce GFZ. And if I absolutely have to be in a GFZ I may or may not be carrying, if you get my drift...

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Cover it up if you choose.

What am I covering up ?
    With open carry so popular on this forum,
    I'm looking for a answer from the open carry crowd on how well it working out for them. It seems when open carry is pushed at a business's that just want to sell there wares, then it fails for the open carry crowd and then it's F them I'm never doing business with them again.
    Most company's are going to side and have sided with what's good for their business. It seems that most want all there customers to feel comfortable when doing business at there establishment. And for them its no open carry, most companys could care less if a customer CC.
    I was just looking for a reasonable answer, there's nothing more behind it.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    What am I covering up ?
    With open carry so popular on this forum,
    I'm looking for a answer from the open carry crowd on how well it working out for them. It seems when open carry is pushed at a business's that just want to sell there wares, then it fails for the open carry crowd and then it's F them I'm never doing business with them again.
    Most company's are going to side and have sided with what's good for their business. It seems that most want all there customers to feel comfortable when doing business at there establishment. And for them its no open carry, most companys could care less if a customer CC.
    I was just looking for a reasonable answer, there's nothing more behind it.

Open carry is working just fine for me. I haven't seen any businesses put up GFZ signs due to me open carrying.

Does that answer your question?

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Remember how everyone was lambasting Texas Open Carry, saying they were doing more harm than good? Finally, open carry is coming to Texas. You gotta fight for your right to carry (homage to the Beastie Boys there). I won't cover it up if I can go somewhere else, especially if it gives me an opportunity to make a point with those who enforce GFZ. And if I absolutely have to be in a GFZ I may or may not be carrying, if you get my drift...

Now if I'm correct open carry in public and certain government buildings starting 1/1/2016..
    And also i believe the correct open carry signage carries weight in texas.

“Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly.”

Last edited:
    Top Bottom