• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I recently moved just out side of Anderson and went shopping today, carrying my XDS. Tractor Supply alarm went of as the wife, daughter and I entered the store and again on our way out. Wife said maybe it was because of all of the electronics she had in her backpack/purse. On to Meijer and again, alarm sounding as we entered the store. Told the wife and daughter to go ahead of me when we were through shopping. As I walked out by myself the alarm sounded again, clearly it was me setting them off.

This is new to me. How many businesses are doing this, I really don't appreciate it as I usually CC and don't necessarily want to advertise it. Anybody here work retail? Have they been turning up the sensitivity on these things lately or something? Anybody else experiencing this?

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    ya check your clothes for a tag, or possibly the bottom of your shoes if you stepped on a small one. could even be your cellphone.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Did you remove the security tag when you bought your gun?

if it is an errant clothing tag test it by setting off the alarm, return your weapon to your car then try again with the only missing item being your gun.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Those alien implants sometimes trigger those alarms.
    Next time you're abducted just let them know and they'll deactivate it for you. :)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If upy wrap your items with tinfoil it will block the RFID devices in your lifted items,

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    When the alarm goes off, suggest that you immediately pull out your carry gun and show it to the greeter, saying "don't worry, it's just this".

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    When that happens your supposed to jump up and down and squeel like a 12 yr old girl screaming " WHAT DID I WIN.... WHAT DID I WIN....

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I started carrying a new fire arm. I noticed that every time I went into the book store the alarm would sound. In and out. After a couple of times I was getting self conscious. As I like to keep a low profile. Well, I was looking thru my also recently acquired wallet and found one of those circuit board looking things. I threw it away, problem solved. I just wondered why it didn't trip other places.
    So did you get a new wallet recently?

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I almost made a second post to explain!! Too funny. My old wallet of 5 years of service, 5 years of the kids smelling cash and showing up needing something usually immediately and usually for school, was replaced by my wife because she felt sorry for the sad state it was in. So she must have tagged me! Or rather not gotten the store to un tag my new wallet.

Top Bottom