• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Wife and I are taking grandson on the train ride Saturday and possibly the Canal Boat ride. Trains can be a problem for CCW but I am thing this is a tourist train and will be OK to carry. Sound like a fun time but that depends on if it is gun friendly or not. Thanks, Jim.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Never been on it, but wondering if you mean to say Connersville to Metamora? I know there is a train that runs that route all summer into fall, and I know Collinsville (Illinois) is a long haul from Metamora.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    We have done the Whitewater Valley RR a couple of times. Nice little trips. Open Carried once, concealed another. I doubt you will have any issues.

They run a lot over the fall.
    Whitewater Valley Railroad

Huh.. I bet my wife would really enjoy one of those Fall Foliage or "Pumpkinliner" trips.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Never been on it, but wondering if you mean to say Connersville to Metamora? I know there is a train that runs that route all summer into fall, and I know Collinsville (Illinois) is a long haul from Metamora.

You are correct, Connersville. Jim.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Of interest to this group:
    The Grist Mill and Whitewater Canal is a State Historic Sight. They have a NO FIREARMS policy.

Yes. Carry everywhere but inside the Mill. I was there in the spring, and have ridden the trains. The train ride is in no way equal to an amtrak. Its a private org that runs it and not a federally regulated common carrier that falls under TSA. Its more like getting a ride in your grandpa's old pickup than a Greyhound ride.

And Metamora is sad during the spring. Before the canal opens its a pretty pathetic place.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Does being a state historic site give them special dispensation to prohibit carry. I wouldnt think so. And yes Metamora is getting rundown. I believe it's run its course.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Does being a state historic site give them special dispensation to prohibit carry. I wouldnt think so. And yes Metamora is getting rundown. I believe it's run its course.
    SHS falls under the State Museum, and so follows their policies. As a State agency, they can make pretty much any rule they want.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Grandson had a great time and wife and I also enjoyed it. Didn't make it to the grist mill with the train stop only being two hours, did make the horse drawn canal ride. It was pretty neat but was right in the middle of the two hour window so it limited your time for other stuff. I also would say the town is about dead, typical tourist junk shops and some places to eat. We ate at Scootys Barbecue and would never eat there again, doesn't really matter since this was a see it once type deal. Jim.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom