• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So they start shooting as they enter the building now rather than try to sneak in and then start shooting. This is not that tough to war game.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I walked through and set off the metal detector at a recent concert at Nationwide Arena in Columbus. They just waved me through with no secondary inspection.

Complete security theater.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Pocket pistol in "Glock jock"-type holster behind big belt buckle might make it inside.

But it doesn't take a brain surgeon to imagine the mayhem and carnage one could do with all the sheeple lined up to get inside. And a big sporting event at a mega-stadium... I shudder to think about the possibilities.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    metal detectors create a bottle neck.. bottle necks create long lines - longs lines are softer targets than the inside of the venue, with a better escape route.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I did a short stint one summer working a metal detector in an industrial environment. Metal detectors are pretty much unsuitable for scanning people. If you adjust the sensitivity to detect any metal then everyone will set it off and have to be hand searched or wanded. If you crank the sensitivity down so that most people can walk through without setting it off then you would be totally amazed at how much metal people can carry through one and not set it off. These machines are complete theatre and as said - do nothing but create long lines. Junk science for dumb people who feel like they have to "do something" and just an easy way for the manufacturers to make money selling the machines. Especially when the machines are mandated by Congress where the two members who introduced the legislation just happen to own the factory who builds the machine (fact - look it up). I think the only way to have total control is if EVERYBODY gets strip searched EVERY time. And I would not live in a country that allowed that. But most Democrats would. Any time I see a metal detector at an entrance I just turn around and leave.

Last edited:

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Maybe we should all just start going down there & stand around outside w/ our AR's & AK's just to keep the folks safe on the outside. Wonder how long before we got hassled & or arrested for loitering, disturbing the peace, etc.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I walked through and set off the metal detector at a recent concert at Nationwide Arena in Columbus. They just waved me through with no secondary inspection.

Complete security theater.

Wish it was that way with other venues... After the hassle I got for a basic pocket knife going into a Pacer game and the lack of reply to a few requests to talk with their Security Dept (considering I was able to get in several times with a firearm) ?!?

I have a buddy asking me about going to a few games this season and I'm seriously thinking about turning down the FREE tkts. Really is disappointing.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    There is no way that I'm going to pay good money for entertainment just to be treated as a criminal. This is why I have refused to use commercial airlines since 911 and I love to fly. I don't like the idea that I will spend good money just to have to prove I am no threat. It just feels as though I am guilty until I prove my innocence. And I hate it when I hear "if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear". It's not about fear, it's the principal of a free person accepting this type of treatment. I will never support it.

Top Bottom