• ...and so much more!
  • waldo1967

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Crawfordsville
    Hello all,

As most here may know, mental health history is a question asked right on the LTCH application.
    If a person has been diagnosed with depression, what are the rules? Is it usually an automatic disqualifier for a LTCH?
    As far as I know, this doesn't disqualify an IN resident from owning a firearm in their home does it?

Thanks in advance.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Since there is a lot at stake here, I suggest you consult an attorney who is experienced in this particular legal matter.

I would take this advice.

However, I did have a bout with depression when I was a teen and it affected my LTCH application process. I had to retrieve paperwork from my old physician that cleared me as mentally fit. I had to present the paperwork at a government building downtown before a judge, state police lieutenant, and two others. I did this without a lawyer, but I would recruit one to make the process easier.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    An acquaintance went through this a year or so ago. He obtained a letter from his psychiatrist. I didn't see the letter, but basically the doctor said there was nothing to indicate the person was incapable of responsibly possessing a firearm. Lawyer or not, I would assume this would be a good first step.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    In the early days of ingo, plenty of people advocated lying. Is this no longer a thing? ;)

op, just get a letter from your md and submit it with your other stuff. Boom done.

Top Bottom