• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Some coworkers and I went to the Murat Theater to see Straight No Chasers perform on 12/12/15. Not really my thing but it was a work related event. My wife and I were running a little behind and the show had already started. We had never been to the Murat Theater and not quite sure what to expect so we ended up being able to park in the VIP parking just by pulling up to the wrong gate and asking if we could park there. I texted our office manager and asked her if they had metal detectors. She said that a security guard will wave a wand over us. Seeing on the Murat's website that weapons were prohibited I was planning to ignor it until I heard about the metal detector wand. I took off my Glock 26 IWB and my Ruger LCP from my ankle and locked them in the trunk. As I was standing with my arms straight out waiting for the security guard to wand me I remember they I had a full-sized switchblade knife in my front pocket. He waved the wand over my front right pocket and wand signaled. I guess he thought it was my iPhone or keys because the knife and car keys were behind my phone. He said, "You're good." Once at my seat my coworker couldn't believe I got in with a big knife. I did feel vulnerable without my guns but at least I had something.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Now you can tell your coworker, "That's why all this is B.S. Because weapons still get in. Instead of a knife, that could have been a gun."

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I've seen this type of sloppy "security" at three major events recently. Two concerts and an NBA game.

I have zero reason to believe these types of procedures do anything to stop a real threat. Pure security theatre to make the sheep feel better.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I was most of the way through a line once for a haunted house before I realized that they were wanding people. I was packing at 3:00 and had a flashlight, keys, knives, the worx. I decided that I'd chance it and maybe just have to show them my keys or something. They wanded me and there was no sound. They didn't even have them on...I had a lot of metal around my waist.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    or, have a CC purse.

Yep. This. I sometimes carry in a Maxpedition versipack. Not a single moron that has asked me to open the bag for inspection has noticed the zipper behind the main pouch where the gun hides. I had one who insisted I open multiple zippers for visual inspection, but he missed the jackpot because the main flap hid it while I was holding the bag open for him. SMH.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Yep. This. I sometimes carry in a Maxpedition versipack. Not a single moron that has asked me to open the bag for inspection has noticed the zipper behind the main pouch where the gun hides. I had one who insisted I open multiple zippers for visual inspection, but he missed the jackpot because the main flap hid it while I was holding the bag open for him. SMH.

Someone needs to make a ccw bag and purse with a metal fiber lined pocket inside to protect your credit cards from hackers, and make sure it lines up directly with the hidden pouch for the gun so it always sets of the detector, and you have a good reason why.

"of course it will set it off, because it is designed to shield my credit cards etc. from scanners the bad guys use. A plus if it blocks both sides from x ray being heavy metal fibers throughout the whole bag.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I once got into Lucas Oil with a pocket knife. I forgot I had it on me upon approaching the gate, and I was parked 2-3 blocks away. Rather than ditching it, I emptied all my pockets, sandwiched my knife between wallet and phone and held them out to my sides while minimum-wage gave me a brief wand and said I was good.

WaltherFan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    EM69XX aka Fishers
    I went there new years. Clipped my knife behind my belt buckle. I had a phone and backup battery in my jacket and the wand didnt pick them up. I could have easily got my LCP in.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Went with my wife & in-laws to see her dad speak at his school's graduation ceremony a few years ago. college arena, college student min-wage "security". They went through my sis in law's purse and made her take a mini-tripod back to the car but missed/ignored the leatherman in my wife's purse and another on my belt.

back when I was in scouts, I forgot a 2-3" folding knife was in my pocket through 6-7 metal detectors touring washington DC including going through the actual house chambers. irony is the scoutmaster had a magnetic personality and red-lined the detector with just the rivets in his shorts pockets (only wearing shorts, undershirt, and socks.)

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Went to a show featuring 3 classic rock bands a few years ago with wifey. Everyone had tee shirts on, etc. I pop through the door with my white button down dress shirt looking like Whitey McWhite guy and the officer looks me up and down, says "You're OK," and waves me on.
    I wasn't carrying any kind of "contraband", but it's a security fail that still makes me smile.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Some coworkers and I went to the Murat Theater to see Straight No Chasers perform on 12/12/15. Not really my thing but it was a work related event. My wife and I were running a little behind and the show had already started. We had never been to the Murat Theater and not quite sure what to expect so we ended up being able to park in the VIP parking just by pulling up to the wrong gate and asking if we could park there. I texted our office manager and asked her if they had metal detectors. She said that a security guard will wave a wand over us. Seeing on the Murat's website that weapons were prohibited I was planning to ignor it until I heard about the metal detector wand. I took off my Glock 26 IWB and my Ruger LCP from my ankle and locked them in the trunk. As I was standing with my arms straight out waiting for the security guard to wand me I remember they I had a full-sized switchblade knife in my front pocket. He waved the wand over my front right pocket and wand signaled. I guess he thought it was my iPhone or keys because the knife and car keys were behind my phone. He said, "You're good." Once at my seat my coworker couldn't believe I got in with a big knife. I did feel vulnerable without my guns but at least I had something.

Just saw this thread...I went to the same concert. I had my CZ P 01 in a shoulder rig. Bladed away from the wand dude. Missed the gun but he caught my pocket knife so I had to check that with the office. Picked it up afterwards. Same deal with another guy in the group I was with. I think he had a pocket gun in his back pocket. Wand boy missed the gun but got the knife. He checked it and got it back afterwards.

Top Bottom