• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nate Suns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers
    My wife bought tickets for some concert tonight at the Murat. I was wondering if anyone has been in the last couple months and what the security protocol is. I hate disarming anywhere but especially in crowded public venues.

UK2K

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I have carried there and many other venues...Really depends on the genre of music on the security checks. Cowboy boots are great for tucking!

UK2K

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Just checked with a buddy and he said metal detectors were in use just weeks ago... FYI

sdtech58

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2014
    Z'ville
    Took the kids to see a show there a couple of weeks ago. "Wand-wielding" security at the doors. I didn't try to carry there because I wasn't sure. Only thing I had was my knife, and didn't get questioned about it.

Nate Suns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers
    Took the kids to see a show there a couple of weeks ago. "Wand-wielding" security at the doors. I didn't try to carry there because I wasn't sure. Only thing I had was my knife, and didn't get questioned about it.

I had to take my knife back to my car even. I got to keep my flashlight at least :/

IndyColtsFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but this was the most information I found a couple weeks ago when preparing for a night at the Murat - Old National Center.

While I do feel pretty safe in the Mass Ave area, I would have certainly felt more comfortable being armed for the walk to and from the car in the dark and later in the evening after the event ended.

We entered through the east entrance, so I'm not sure if security is different at the main entrance. I was not carrying after researching this thread. Security was two guys wanding patrons as they entered. They only wanded my torso. I could have easily ankle carried. Additionally, my wife could have easily carried in her purse as they only looked into the main compartment (several other interior pockets).

Hope this helps somebody in the future.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    We went to the Star Trek concert last year and I had to take my Swiss Army knife back to the car because the wand detected it and they deemed it weapon.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I've heard others say there were metal detectors at every entrance, and like above, some who had to return to their car,etc...
    Tonight, nothing. I left my guns in the car (I HATE to do that!) because we were running late and I didn't want to have to take extra time getting in. We had VIP tickets with backstage meet/greet, etc. So didn't want to miss that. "Security" barely looked at me. I didn't even see one wand.

Top Bottom