• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Newt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2016
    Jamestown
    Anyone know about security at the Palladium? Going to a concert there tomorrow and wanted to see if anyone knew if they do any sort of checks at the door.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    When I went there a few years ago, security was nonexistent. I doubt the people of Carmel would want the aesthetics of their music hall marred by metal detectors, either.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Interesting legal question: since it is a public building, they may not be able to ban firearms.

Now, there's stickers on the doors, and a relatively complicated ownership issue (the CRC built it and pays for it, but I believe it is deeded to a trust for the benefit of the CRC), so it is an open question.

The basic issue is that the mayor is not a gun-guy and doesn't like the idea of guns in his theater.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think there's about half a billion dollars secured by the Palladium and the real estate surrounding it.

Oh.

Wait.

Different security. Sorry, been working on debt instruments part of the day.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    I went to a Jason Isbell concert there a few months ago. Metal detectors were there. Almost got my knife confiscated. They told me, "Sorry, no weapons allowed". This was a Spyderco Delica. I said "This isn't a weapon. It's a pocket knife." They said, "We're going to have to take this." I said, "Bull****, I'll take it back to my car."

Left the gun in the car, so no confrontations there.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I went to a Jason Isbell concert there a few months ago. Metal detectors were there. Almost got my knife confiscated. They told me, "Sorry, no weapons allowed". This was a Spyderco Delica. I said "This isn't a weapon. It's a pocket knife." They said, "We're going to have to take this." I said, "Bull****, I'll take it back to my car."

Here's what's ironic: there's an argument that says the City can't prohibit guns at the Palladium.... but they can prohibit knives. I'm not sure who wants to be the test case, but last I checked the Palladium complex is a public-private partnership with the Carmel Redevelopment Commission as primary owner. As a city entity, there's a pre-emption issue.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Was there in the past month, no issues (no wands/pat-downs).

Interesting. Starts with no detectors, a few months ago detectors are present, then last month, there are no detectors again. I wonder if they bring/rent them for certain events only.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Heading to the Palladium this evening for the first time in a while. What is the environment like now for cc?

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    No security at all last night, not evendors searthing women's purses. Felt naked not carrying though.

Top Bottom